Delta Silver Medallions Have New Benefits on Virgin Atlantic
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As part of Delta’s joint venture with UK-based Virgin Atlantic, the two airlines offer reciprocal benefits to one another’s frequent flyers. These benefits have been offered to elite frequent flyers since the two airlines announced their partnership. However, Delta’s entry-level elite frequent flyers, Silver Medallions, were, for the most part, excluded from receiving those reciprocal benefits.
Silver Medallions were previously only offered the option to check an additional piece of luggage at no additional cost, beginning in November 2018. Now, Delta is expanding reciprocal benefits offered to Silver Medallions on Virgin Atlantic flights. Effective May 21st, Silver Medallions will receive the following benefits when traveling on Virgin Atlantic, according to Delta’s site:
- Priority Check-in at Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy check-in counters
- Priority Boarding on Virgin Atlantic flights regardless of cabin
- Existing Benefit: Additional piece of checked luggage at no additional cost
On Virgin Atlantic, priority boarding will take place following Upper Class passengers and those needing additional assistance. Priority boarding is also offered as a benefit of Premium Economy and Economy Delight fares on Virgin.
Existing benefits offered by Virgin to higher-tier Delta elite frequent flyers are unchanged. Delta Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions will continue to receive the following benefits when flying with Virgin Atlantic:
- Complimentary advanced seat assignments
- Priority Security
- Lounge Access (See TPG’s post on Virgin lounge access for Delta elites)
- Priority Baggage Handling
- Use of Delta Global Upgrade Certificates
To take advantage of these benefits on Virgin Atlantic flights, all travelers will need to do is ensure they provide their Delta SkyMiles number when booking a flight.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees