Experience Delta One Suites for Just 22,500 Miles One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to check out Delta’s brand new A350 Delta One Suites without pulling out your passport, here’s your chance. Two weeks ago, we let you know about a one-off Delta A350 positioning flight from Detroit (DTW) to Los Angeles (LAX) on July 1. Today, we’re finding out about another opportunity to fly Delta’s A350 between DTW-LAX on July 19.
There are currently 9+ first class seats for sale and 31 unassigned seats on the seat map:
If you want to book the nonstop flight, a one-way fare in the Delta One Suite is going to set you back $746:
Or you can redeem Delta SkyMiles for the Suite seat at a cost of 35,000 SkyMiles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees for the one-way nonstop award:
To save money, you can connect before or after the flight. For example, the price drops to $537 one-way for flights starting in Indianapolis (IND) and ending in Los Angeles (LAX):
You can also save SkyMiles on an award flight by connecting. Again, Indianapolis-based fliers get a break — the price is just 27,500 miles to sit up front for the trip from IND to LAX via Detroit. That’s about as cheap as Delta domestic first class awards get.
And, there’s a way to get a seat for even cheaper. You can use Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club to book the nonstop flight for just 22,500 Flying Club miles one-way:
Remember that you can hold Flying Club award flights for up to 48 hours, and you can fund your Flying Club account from multiple transfer partners.
If you aren’t sold already, here’s what the Delta One Suites looked like when TPG himself flew on its inaugural flight last fall:
Premium Select Seats
For those that can’t splurge for Delta One Suites, this is also an opportunity to check out the new Delta Premium Select cabin on the A350.
As of publishing, all 48 seats on this one-off flight are currently empty.
Pricing for this cabin is:
- DTW-LAX one-way price: $591
- DTW-LAX one-way award: 22,500 SkyMiles + $5.60
- IND-DTW-LAX one-way price: $433
- IND-DTW-LAX one-way award: 20,000 SkyMiles + $5.60
While this is only a one-time opportunity, we wanted to let you know about this chance to check out a great Delta product — with a few ideas on how to do so for the cheapest price. Make sure to jump on this quickly though, as these prices won’t last.
- Earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Check your first bag for free and save up to $60 on a round trip Delta flight.
- Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases. Miles don’t expire.
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees