Delta’s Atlanta Sky Deck Reopens With Retractable Roof for Year-Round Planespotting
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As far as Sky Clubs go, the expansive Terminal F location at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is tough to beat. It made the cut in our recent list of best Delta Sky Club lounges, and as of this week there’s even more reason to swing by.
The Sky Deck portion of the lounge has recently been closed, with guests treated to the signage above indicating that renovations were underway. On Monday, however, Delta announced that the Sky Deck portion of the lounge has reopened.
The Terminal F Sky Club is the only one in Atlanta to have this type of outdoor space for gawking at airport operations. With a new retractable roof, the space is more suited to year-round planespotting.
Rain and even chilly evenings aren’t uncommon in this part of Georgia, and the addition of a roof will ensure that the space is more frequently used.
Delta’s other notable Sky Deck, located at New York–JFK’s Terminal 4, is presently undergoing refurbishment as well. We’ve reached out to Delta to inquire if a similar design can be expected there.
Featured image courtesy of the author; additional reporting by Scott Mayerowitz.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.