Delta’s Atlanta Sky Deck Reopens With Retractable Roof for Year-Round Planespotting
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As far as Sky Clubs go, the expansive Terminal F location at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is tough to beat. It made the cut in our recent list of best Delta Sky Club lounges, and as of this week there’s even more reason to swing by.
The Sky Deck portion of the lounge has recently been closed, with guests treated to the signage above indicating that renovations were underway. On Monday, however, Delta announced that the Sky Deck portion of the lounge has reopened.
The Terminal F Sky Club is the only one in Atlanta to have this type of outdoor space for gawking at airport operations. With a new retractable roof, the space is more suited to year-round planespotting.
Rain and even chilly evenings aren’t uncommon in this part of Georgia, and the addition of a roof will ensure that the space is more frequently used.
Delta’s other notable Sky Deck, located at New York–JFK’s Terminal 4, is presently undergoing refurbishment as well. We’ve reached out to Delta to inquire if a similar design can be expected there.
Featured image courtesy of the author; additional reporting by Scott Mayerowitz.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.