Delta revamps its drink menu with 7 new alcohol choices
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying with Delta Air Lines this fall? Well, you’ll have many more drink options to enjoy onboard.
Starting in October, the Atlanta-based carrier will revamp its drink menu, with a curated selection of picks from locally-owned, diverse distilleries.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
You’ll find the full list and details of the seven new onboard beverage options below, but the move is the latest from Delta as it works to restore its inflight service to pre-pandemic levels.
In early April, the carrier (finally) introduced a new service concept, after heavily modifying its food and beverage selection throughout the first year of the pandemic. The spring and summer offerings included new snack boxes for most domestic flights, hot food for premium transcon routes and the introduction of new 7.5-ounce mini-cans of Coca-Cola sodas along with canned, ready-to-drink cocktails from Tip Top Proper.
Still, many Delta loyalists have expressed frustration that the airline’s Big 3 competitors, American Airlines and United, have offered a more robust inflight service throughout the pandemic, and especially over the last few months. In fact, United has brought back hot meals in first class and restored its full buy-on-board menu for those in the back.
Now, Delta flyers will likely welcome the carrier’s effort to diversify its drink offerings. All of the below products will be available in the first-class cabin for free, and available in coach for purchase. While there’s no word yet on an expanded food menu, hopefully, that’s coming next.
Interestingly, Delta’s move to expand its liquor offerings comes at a time when two of its competitors have decided to temporarily suspend alcohol sales in the economy cabin. Both American Airlines and Southwest have banned alcohol into 2022, citing the recent uptick in industry-wide incidents of inflight passenger disruptions.
Delta’s new inflight drink menu
Du Nord Foundation Vodka
This is Delta’s new choice for vodka. Du Nord is the first Black-owned distillery in the U.S., and part of the company’s mission is to diversify the craft alcohol community.
Starting in October, you’ll find Du Nord’s Foundation Vodka for sale on all domestic flights for $10. Next year, the airline will add more Du Nord products and launch the spirits internationally.
Breckenridge Brewery Cookie Porter Beer
Breckenridge Brewery — which you’ll also find on United flights — is partnering with Delta for its newest beer that’s a twist on its Vanilla Porter with inspiration from shortbread cookies.
You’ll find this beer available for sale on all domestic flights for $8 from October through the end of the year.
Une Femme ‘The Callie’ California Sparkling Rosé
Une Femme produces 100% women-made champagne and sparkling wine, and donates a portion of every bottle to a charitable organization for improving the lives of women.
You’ll find the sparking rose available on domestic flights — except those departing Atlanta — throughout October for $10, with more Une Femme products coming onboard next year.
Tip Top Proper Cocktails Negroni
Building on Delta’s successful launch of Tip Top Proper Cocktails in April, the airline will debut the company’s negroni on most domestic flights departing Atlanta throughout October for $13.
Terrapin Beer Company Hopsecutioner IPA
This beer will be available for sale on most domestic flights departing Atlanta throughout the month of October for $10.
Vizzy Hard Seltzer Pineapple Mango
Delta is joining United in offering a hard seltzer onboard. (United partners with White Claw; Delta with Vizzy.) You’ll find the company’s pineapple mango variety available for sale on all domestic flights for $8.
WhistlePig Orange Fashioned Cocktail Kit: PiggyBack Rye Whiskey with Orange Fashioned Maple Cocktail Syrup
Delta’s premium flyers will soon be able to enjoy an old fashioned inflight with WhistlePig’s cocktail kit. It’ll be available on a complimentary basis in the airline’s Delta One cabin on domestic premium transcon and international routes from October through the end of the year.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees