Delta cuts Westin Heavenly bedding in shift to more sustainable pillows, blankets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it’s time to catch some Z’s on your next Delta flight, you’ll be in for a surprise.
The Atlanta-based carrier is cutting its partnership with Westin that has historically offered premium-cabin flyers a plush pillow and blanket from the hotel brand’s Heavenly bedding line.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Going forward, Delta is phasing in a new bedding product made from eco-friendly materials that utilize more than 100 recycled plastic bottles for each set. Additionally, the new pillow and duvet are provisioned in a laundered zipped bedding bag, instead of single-use plastic wrap that was used for the Westin Heavenly bedding.
In a statement confirming the move, a carrier spokesperson shared that “Delta continuously evaluates and adjusts our onboard products as we work to deliver an unmatched customer experience. We have recently begun to phase in new bedding in favor of a more sustainable and premium option that we know our customers will love.”
The new eco-friendly bedding has already started rolling out at Delta airports worldwide and will continue to be phased in across the network as supplies of the Westin Heavenly product are diminished.
While TPG staffers have yet to try the new bedding, a reader shared a picture of the new bedding from a recent flight in Delta One. The reader shared that the pillow felt larger than the Westin one, and the duvet was just as comfortable, too. We’ll wait to make a final verdict until we try the new bedding ourselves.
Travelers flying in Delta One on transcontinental and international flights will enjoy a pillow and duvet, while those on long-haul routes greater than 12 hours will also receive a small lumbar pillow.
Delta first introduced Westin Heavenly bedding back in February 2013, with a splashy press release touting a “transformed sleep experience,” which also included a white noise radio station on the inflight entertainment system, along with new amenity kits featured Tumi and Malin+Goetz products.
Interestingly, the new Delta bedding package is quite similar to the Tuft & Needle one you’ll now find in JetBlue’s Mint business-class cabins.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees