Deal alert: Dubai and Abu Dhabi from $592 round trip with dates through August 2021
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to visit Dubai? This flight deal allows you to plan a trip to one of the most popular destinations in the United Arab Emirates. Sale rates extend as far out as August 2021, with prices beginning at less than $600 round trip.
This flight sale presents a great opportunity to double down on travel deals, with Marriott’s Week of Wonders discount on award night redemptions running through Thursday. More than 7,000 hotels worldwide are participating in the discount, and offering rooms at up to 50 percent off of peak rates, including Abu Dhabi’s famed Al Maha. TPG senior writer Ethan Steinberg called Al Maha “the best value Marriott award redemption” in the entire portfolio — no small praise for the world’s largest brand.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here.
Related: How to defeat basic economy
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: SWISS, United, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Emirates, Etihad, Turkish
Routes: MIA/JFK/EWR/FLL/IAD and more to DXB/AUH
Cost: from $596 round trip in economy
Travel Dates: October 2020 to August 2021
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel; on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, starting Jan. 1, 2021), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel.com) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Dubai (DXB) for $592 round trip on Air Canada via Google:
Miami (MIA) to Dubai (DXB) in August 2021 from $609 round trip on SWISS:
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Dubai (DXB) for $709 round trip on Turkish:
Newark (EWR) to Dubai (DXB) for $723 round trip on Star Alliance carriers:
Routes to Abu Dhabi are also available. But note that this emirate has stricter entry laws due to COVID concerns, so if you are traveling with a non-U.S. passport, you may run into visa issues entering the UAE directly from Abu Dhabi. These fares are also close to normal price ranges during pre-COVID times.
New York (JFK) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for $852 round trip nonstop on Etihad:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel) (starting Jan. 1, 2021 earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees