Deal alert: Marriott award stays from 4,000 Bonvoy points per night in destinations open to U.S. travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is offering a variety of discounts this week as part of its Week of Wonders promotion. You can get 30 percent off on boutique hotels, earn 2,500 bonus points per stay toward unforgettable experiences — or through Thursday, Oct. 15, you can redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for award nights at more than 7,000 hotels worldwide, for up to a 33 percent discount on each night on stays through Nov. 30, 2020.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here.
Some of the highlighted properties include the following gems:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba and The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay in California
- The Saint Hotel Key West, Autograph Collection in Florida and Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection in Crete, Greece
- Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort in Koh Samui, Thailand and Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai
- St. Regis Bali Resort in Indonesia and St. Regis Deer Valley in Park City, Utah
- W Aspen in Colorado
But if your goal is the absolute lowest number of points possible, you’ll get the best deals on Marriott Category 1 hotels, since you can get up to 50 percent off between the difference on peak prices and discounted off-peak prices.
Just as a refresher, here’s what each property category costs in Bonvoy points for award nights, as well as the lowest possible rates you can find during this promotion (not all prices will be this low across each category).
Don’t forget that you receive one free night for every four award nights booked, essentially bringing your total rate down by an additional 20 percent.
|PointsSaver Pricing||Off-Peak Pricing||Standard Pricing||Peak Pricing|
Here are some of the best deals you can find in territories and countries open to U.S. travelers:
Discounted destinations: Dallas, Houston, Panama City, Ankara, Honolulu and many more
Cost: from 4,000 Bonvoy points per night
Travel Dates: September 2020 – June 2021 (stated discount dates are through Nov. 30, although we found many examples outside of that range)
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel; on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, starting Jan. 1, 2021), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel.com) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of the best deals you can book:
The Category 1 Aloft Panama City in Panama, available from 4,000 Bonvoy points per night, or just 16,000 points for a five-night PointSavers stay in October 2020, worth $96 total by TPG’s latest valuations. The same stay is available in cash from $96 per night, or $480 total before taxes and fees.
The Category 1 Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Park Central, available from 5,000 Bonvoy points per night, or 20,000 points for a five-night stay in November 2020:
The Category 1 TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Old Town, available from 5,000 Bonvoy points per night, or 20,000 points for a five-night PointSavers stay in November 2020:
Maximize your purchase
Featured photo by Art Wager/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees