Chase Sapphire Reserve Available With a 50k Sign-Up Bonus
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
When the Chase Sapphire Reserve card launched with great fanfare back in August 2017, it offered an amazing 100,000-point sign-up bonus. While that bonus is unfortunately long gone, you can still earn a valuable sum of points with this premium rewards credit card.
Currently, the CSR is offering a sign-up bonus of 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months. Based on TPG’s valuations, this bonus is worth $1,000 points. That value takes into account the various ways you can redeem Chase points, both directly through Chase and with its 13 transfer partners, including British Airways, Hyatt, IHG, United and Virgin Atlantic.
Beyond getting around $1,000 in value from the 50,000 points, you’ll enjoy some great card benefits, including the following:
- $300 annual travel credit — automatically applied to virtually any travel-related expense, from Ubers to parking to airfare
- 3x points on travel and dining worldwide — equal to a 6% return
- Get 1.5 cents per point when you redeem Chase points directly through the issuer’s travel portal
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Priority Pass Select lounge membership
- Primary car rental insurance
- No foreign transaction fees
The Chase Sapphire Reserve has a $550 annual fee, but it’s effectively just $250 when you factor in the $300 annual travel credit that applies to a wide variety of purchases. It’s one of the best options for travel and dining purchases, and if you can make use of any of Chase’s transfer partners, it can be a no-brainer.
For more information on the Sapphire Reserve, see these posts:
Welcome to The Points Guy!