These Are the Caribbean Destinations You’ll Want to Visit ASAP
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One year following the 17 severe hurricanes that hit the Caribbean, the tourism industry seems to be well on its way to recovery. And according to Airbnb, booking numbers are way up.
Based on data Airbnb collected up to September 2018 and measured against future bookings made by guests from November 2018 to March 2019, the accommodation service has created a list of the most frequently booked locations in the Caribbean. According to Airbnb, cities such as Charlotte Amalie in the US Virgin Islands are up 600% in bookings. San Juan, Puerto Rico comes at a pretty close second with a 400% increase as well.
The top 5 Caribbean vacation spots that are once again trending are:
1. US Virgin Islands
2. Puerto Rico
3. Cayman Islands
4. Antigua and Barbuda
The information released by Airbnb shows that the Caribbean, a hurricane-prone area, is recovering and open to tourists. In January, the TPG team visited Puerto Rico in an effort to bring awareness to the island and its tourism industry.
Included with the data, Airbnb has also released the most “wish-listed” homes in the Caribbean at a wide range of price points. This includes a beachfront villa in the Cayman Islands (going for about $99 a night per person) and an ocean-view bungalow by Flamenco Beach in Puerto Rico ($71).
Featured image by David Rogers via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees