Canadian airline makes inflight meals available for home delivery
Back in the “good old days,” most of us would scoff at merely a mention of economy-class airline food. Now, though, with the overwhelming majority of the world grounded, I can speak for many of us at TPG who would gladly enjoy a meal from a flight in coach.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Most airlines are flying very limited routes — or are completely grounded — due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, but one Canadian airline is maintaining a portion of its operation that is sure to please aviation enthusiasts.
The Flight Kitchen, an airline-catering company that supplies inflight meals for Air North, has made its meals available for home delivery to the lucky residents of Whitehorse, the capital city of the Canadian Yukon territory.
Introducing Flight Kitchen Delivery! Freshly prepared and frozen meals, from our kitchen delivered right to your doorstep. Available now in Whitehorse! Place your order now at https://t.co/CwGZ8hwMyu pic.twitter.com/h3lu86ycWA
— Air North (@flyairnorth) March 31, 2020
Residents of the city can choose from seven options, including chicken cannelloni, Thai vegetable curry, meat lasagna and more. Meals will be delivered to the homes of those that live within the 15 neighborhoods of Whitehorse approximately 24 hours after the order was received.
Entrees are prepared by chef Michael Bock and The Flight Kitchen team, frozen fresh and then can be heated in the oven upon delivery. The menu changes weekly with new options being added. Customers are allowed a maximum of 20 meals per order, with no more than 10 portions of one specific meal option. All meals cost CAD$9, or roughly $6, and a CAD$10 delivery charge will be added to each order.
Featured image courtesy of Air North.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees