Canadian airline makes inflight meals available for home delivery
Back in the “good old days,” most of us would scoff at merely a mention of economy-class airline food. Now, though, with the overwhelming majority of the world grounded, I can speak for many of us at TPG who would gladly enjoy a meal from a flight in coach.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Most airlines are flying very limited routes — or are completely grounded — due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, but one Canadian airline is maintaining a portion of its operation that is sure to please aviation enthusiasts.
The Flight Kitchen, an airline-catering company that supplies inflight meals for Air North, has made its meals available for home delivery to the lucky residents of Whitehorse, the capital city of the Canadian Yukon territory.
Introducing Flight Kitchen Delivery! Freshly prepared and frozen meals, from our kitchen delivered right to your doorstep. Available now in Whitehorse! Place your order now at https://t.co/CwGZ8hwMyu pic.twitter.com/h3lu86ycWA
— Air North (@flyairnorth) March 31, 2020
Residents of the city can choose from seven options, including chicken cannelloni, Thai vegetable curry, meat lasagna and more. Meals will be delivered to the homes of those that live within the 15 neighborhoods of Whitehorse approximately 24 hours after the order was received.
Entrees are prepared by chef Michael Bock and The Flight Kitchen team, frozen fresh and then can be heated in the oven upon delivery. The menu changes weekly with new options being added. Customers are allowed a maximum of 20 meals per order, with no more than 10 portions of one specific meal option. All meals cost CAD$9, or roughly $6, and a CAD$10 delivery charge will be added to each order.
Featured image courtesy of Air North.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.