Brussels Airlines to Upgrade A330 Cabins With New Biz and Premium Economy Seats
Brussels Airlines, a Star Alliance carrier and Lufthansa Group subsidiary, has announced it will make upgrades to the interiors of its long-haul Airbus aircraft — including adding a premium economy cabin and an upgraded business class seat.
The carrier currently has 12 Airbus A330s and two Airbus A340s (used for Eurowings flights) — it will retrofit its four A330-200s and 12 of the larger A330-300s.
Brussels says it’s investing €10 million into each aircraft’s renovation with the first A330-300 rolling out this April.
The business class cabin will see similar seats to what’s currently in its premium cabin: the Thompson Aero Vantage seat — although these are reportedly a slightly upgraded version. 30 seats will be laid out in a staggered 1-2-1 configuration.
The airline will add a small premium economy cabin with 21 seats in a 2-3-2 layout — appearing to be similar to Lufthansa’s premium economy product.
The new economy class looks nice with new 10.1″ IFE screens, but doesn’t appear to be much of an upgrade over what’s currently offered.
For those who like to indulge in a good drink, Brussels says it’s installing an onboard bar where business-class customers can grab drinks from a selection of eight Belgian beers. Laurent Perrier Champagne will be served alongside a four-course meal designed by a “Belgian Michelin star chef.” The bar won’t be anything you find onboard Emirates or Qatar, but just a modest section of the galley reserved for food and drink.
Since Brussels is part of the Star Alliance, you can use a multitude of miles on the carrier including:
- United Mileageplus – 70,000 miles
- Avianca Lifemiles – 63,000
- Air Canada Aeroplan – 55,000 miles
Etihad Guest has great opportunities for redemptions even though they actually devalued awards with Brussels in 2017. You’ll need just 44,000 miles for a flight between the US and Brussels. The airline flies nonstop from Brussels (BRU) to New York (JFK), Washington DC (IAD) and Toronto (YYZ).
H/T: Bart Lapers
All images courtesy of Brussels Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees