British Airways Teases New Club World Seat on Social Media
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has taken to its social media feeds recently to tease the airline’s upcoming new Club World business class product. With few details available, British Airways has finally released the first few images, yet remains quite cryptic.
Around 11am GMT, British Airways shared four rather obscure images of the new Club World product.
This image, which was posted to both Facebook and Instagram, shows what appears to be a mesh seat cover for the Club World seat. The pattern is simple with white or gold-ish stitching.
The image above features a leather armrest, unlike anything you’d find on the current Club World product. While it might be a basic armrest, this image should prove to be rather reassuring to passengers. The leather armrest design with white stitching and what appears to be chrome or metal finishes show British Airways didn’t skimp out on details and finishing touches.
Probably the least exciting image is the above image of a tray table. The only noteworthy detail is that the font used on the tray table is the current font used by British Airways on the airline’s website and on various branded graphics — further proof that British Airways paid attention to detail.
Finally, we have confirmation that British Airways will feature lie-flat seats with its new business class product. However, this was somewhat of a given as nearly every airline on the planet installs a lie-flat business class product on its long-haul fleet.
Few other details have been made available by British Airways about the new product, however, there have been plenty of leaks since the new Club World seat was first announced in 2017.
The airline’s current product was considered revolutionary when it was introduced in 2006, featuring lie-flat seats for all business class. Unfortunately, not much as changed since then, leading the airline’s current business class product to face heavy scrutiny, with some referring to the current Club World as The World’s Best Premium Economy.
The delivery of British Airways’ first Airbus A350-1000 is mere months away, which means travelers could finally get to see the new Club World seat quite soon.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image via British Airways on Facebook
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees