This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has taken to its social media feeds recently to tease the airline’s upcoming new Club World business class product. With few details available, British Airways has finally released the first few images, yet remains quite cryptic.
Around 11am GMT, British Airways shared four rather obscure images of the new Club World product.
This image, which was posted to both Facebook and Instagram, shows what appears to be a mesh seat cover for the Club World seat. The pattern is simple with white or gold-ish stitching.
The image above features a leather armrest, unlike anything you’d find on the current Club World product. While it might be a basic armrest, this image should prove to be rather reassuring to passengers. The leather armrest design with white stitching and what appears to be chrome or metal finishes show British Airways didn’t skimp out on details and finishing touches.
Probably the least exciting image is the above image of a tray table. The only noteworthy detail is that the font used on the tray table is the current font used by British Airways on the airline’s website and on various branded graphics — further proof that British Airways paid attention to detail.
Finally, we have confirmation that British Airways will feature lie-flat seats with its new business class product. However, this was somewhat of a given as nearly every airline on the planet installs a lie-flat business class product on its long-haul fleet.
Few other details have been made available by British Airways about the new product, however, there have been plenty of leaks since the new Club World seat was first announced in 2017.
The airline’s current product was considered revolutionary when it was introduced in 2006, featuring lie-flat seats for all business class. Unfortunately, not much as changed since then, leading the airline’s current business class product to face heavy scrutiny, with some referring to the current Club World as The World’s Best Premium Economy.
The delivery of British Airways’ first Airbus A350-1000 is mere months away, which means travelers could finally get to see the new Club World seat quite soon.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image via British Airways on Facebook
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees