Breeze Airways is doubling BreezePoints this weekend in honor of World Kindness Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s World Kindness Day, and Breeze Airways is taking that seriously. Or, should we say “Seriously Nice,” which is the slogan of the recently-launched U.S. low-fare airline. All weekend, the airline is doubling the BreezePoints passengers would normally earn by flying.
Breeze is also giving out coupons to everyone who flies with them this weekend. The coupons are worth 1,000 BreezePoints each. The goal is for recipients to share them to someone showing kindness to others.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
TPG reached out to Breeze Airways CEO David Neeleman about the weekend initiative.
“‘Kindness’ is a brand value for Breeze, so I can’t think of an airline where World Kindness Day means more,” said Neeleman. “And we love the idea of our Guests paying it forward, passing on BreezePoints when they see a random act of kindness.”
To claim the BreezePoints, coupon recipients should download the Breeze app to create an account if they don’t already have one. Enter the certificate code and tap ‘Claim.’ The BreezePoints will then be available to use on flights, as well as incidentals such as bag charges, or seat upgrades.
“I don’t know of another airline that has ‘Kindness’ as a brand value like we do, so we are staking a claim in this special day and celebrating it with our Guests,” Neeleman said in a release.
Breeze currently operates flights in 16 cities across 13 states. The airline’s credo is ‘Nice People Flying Nice People to Nice Places.’ It’s doing so as a low-fare carrier operating between secondary airports, bypassing traditional hubs.
TPG was on the Breeze Airways inaugural flight from Tampa to Charleston, South Carolina in May. Since then, the line has remained in the news, which is not surprising given Neeleman’s high-profile status. Among other accomplishments, he founded JetBlue. Shakeouts are to be expected when any new airline launches, especially one launched during a pandemic. Breeze has announced route reductions. It has also announced plans to add the first of 80 new Airbus A220 jets to its fleet. That means Breeze will operate three different planes: E190 and E195 jets, as well as the sleek new Airbus A220s.
After this weekend, we’ll see if nice guys finish first.
Feature image courtesy of Breeze Airways
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees