This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Mobile wallets continue their push to be a go-to for consumers, and that means they’re willing to offer some pretty great promotions to grab people’s attention.
Now, Apple Pay has launched a holiday promo where you can save at select brands including Groupon and BJ’s Wholesale Club during the holiday season.
Notable deals include $10 off purchases of $150 or more made through the BJ’s Wholesale Club app, 15% off all Apple Pay purchases at Boxed, and $15 off when you spend $100 or more at Rakuten.
From December 6th through the 19th, the retailers listed below will offer discounts when using Apple Pay and/or select discount codes:
Additionally, these deals should stack when clicking through a shopping portal and with select Amex Offers. For example, on my Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express I have an offer for $20 back after spending $75 at Boxed. Stack that with 15% off and that’s potentially $31 in savings on a $75 purchase. Just note that Amex Offers aren’t always triggered when using your mobile wallet.
This will also stack with the offer for an additional Ultimate Rewards point on Apple Pay purchases through the end of December.
Remember to use a card that’s best for everyday spending at these retailers, or the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card, which offers 3x points on all mobile wallet purchases.
If you’re not into shopping on your phone, you can also use Apple Pay on a desktop.
Featured image by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards