Chase Offering 1x Bonus Through Year-End on any Apple Pay or Google Pay Purchase
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Heads-up, Chase card holders: From now till the end of 2018, your Chase Sapphire Reserve will match the 4x on dining offered by cards like the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express® Gold Card so long as you pay via your digital wallet. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
It’s part of a broader point bonus being offered on the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card as well as the Amazon Rewards and Amazon Prime credit cards. Between Dec. 3, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018, those card holders will get an additional point or percentage back for using the digital wallet (Apple Pay or Google Pay) when making their purchase on top of the points they usually earn for their Chase credit card. To be clear, this is not targeted and you do not have to register for it. If you have one of the below cards and you transact between the eligible dates using Google Pay or Apple Pay, you’ll automatically earn additional points.
That’s particularly alluring for Chase Sapphire Reserve holders, who can take home 4x Ultimate Rewards points — the usual 3x plus the 1x bonus — on dining and travel through the end of the year.
Who said it never paid to procrastinate on holiday shopping?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.