This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Heads-up, Chase card holders: From now till the end of 2018, your Chase Sapphire Reserve will match the 4x on US dining offered by cards like the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express® Gold Card so long as you pay via your digital wallet.
It’s part of a broader point bonus being offered on the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card as well as the Amazon Rewards and Amazon Prime credit cards. Between Dec. 3, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018, those card holders will get an additional point or percentage back for using the digital wallet (Apple Pay or Google Pay) when making their purchase on top of the points they usually earn for their Chase credit card. To be clear, this is not targeted and you do not have to register for it. If you have one of the below cards and you transact between the eligible dates using Google Pay or Apple Pay, you’ll automatically earn additional points.
That’s particularly alluring for Chase Sapphire Reserve holders, who can take home 4x Ultimate Rewards points — the usual 3x plus the 1x bonus — on dining and travel through the end of the year.
Who said it never paid to procrastinate on holiday shopping?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards