You can now check Apple Maps for COVID-19 travel guidance before you head to the airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re used to checking Apple Maps for directions to get us to and from the airport. Now, travelers can use it to find out what specific travel guidance is in place at airports as it relates to COVID-19 so they’re not caught unprepared.
The very latest travel guidance information — details such as mask requirements, social distancing measures and quarantine procedures — will now be visible on an individual airport’s place card in Apple Maps.
All you have to do is search for the airport using your iPhone, iPad or Mac, and the guidance info can be viewed along with a link to that airport’s COVID-19 web page. Given how travel guidance can change from one day to the next, and how it varies depending on what city you’re traveling to or from, having this information easily accessible could help avoid unnecessary travel delays, or worse, a missed flight.
The health guidance information comes from the Airports Council International. Only airports participating in the ACI’s Health Measures Portal will have the new guidance information displayed on Apple Maps. You can find out if an airport is taking part by using the Check & Fly search function.
Earlier in the pandemic, Apple Maps added the functionality to alert those who had recently traveledd to self-isolate.
Featured photo by martin-dm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.