You can now check Apple Maps for COVID-19 travel guidance before you head to the airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re used to checking Apple Maps for directions to get us to and from the airport. Now, travelers can use it to find out what specific travel guidance is in place at airports as it relates to COVID-19 so they’re not caught unprepared.
The very latest travel guidance information — details such as mask requirements, social distancing measures and quarantine procedures — will now be visible on an individual airport’s place card in Apple Maps.
Sign up to receive the daily TPG newsletter for more travel news and advice!
All you have to do is search for the airport using your iPhone, iPad or Mac, and the guidance info can be viewed along with a link to that airport’s COVID-19 web page. Given how travel guidance can change from one day to the next, and how it varies depending on what city you’re traveling to or from, having this information easily accessible could help avoid unnecessary travel delays, or worse, a missed flight.
The health guidance information comes from the Airports Council International. Only airports participating in the ACI’s Health Measures Portal will have the new guidance information displayed on Apple Maps. You can find out if an airport is taking part by using the Check & Fly search function.
Earlier in the pandemic, Apple Maps added the functionality to alert those who had recently traveledd to self-isolate.
Featured photo by martin-dm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees