ANA’s A380 Takes to the Skies for the First Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA’s first Airbus A380 is oh so close to being complete. The super-jumbo jet took to the skies for the first time yesterday, successfully completing its maiden flight.
The aircraft, registered F-WWSH, flew from Airbus’ Toulouse base to the manufacturer’s facility in Hamburg, Germany, in about 3.5 hours.
Right now, the jet’s exterior is still unpainted, except for its tail and engines. The aircraft’s fuselage will transform from matte green to a turtle-inspired Flying Honu livery and Airbus will install the cabin interiors in Hamburg.
Once complete, you’ll find 520 seats on the double-decker jet. There will be eight first-class suites, 56 business-class seats, 76 in premium economy and 383 in coach.
The aircraft is scheduled to be delivered to the Japanese airline in early 2019 and will be placed on the Tokyo – Honolulu (HNL) route. ANA has ordered a total of three A380s and will be the fifteenth carrier to operate the aircraft.
Featured image by H. Gousse/Master Films/Airbus.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.