ANA’s A380 Takes to the Skies for the First Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA’s first Airbus A380 is oh so close to being complete. The super-jumbo jet took to the skies for the first time yesterday, successfully completing its maiden flight.
The aircraft, registered F-WWSH, flew from Airbus’ Toulouse base to the manufacturer’s facility in Hamburg, Germany, in about 3.5 hours.
Right now, the jet’s exterior is still unpainted, except for its tail and engines. The aircraft’s fuselage will transform from matte green to a turtle-inspired Flying Honu livery and Airbus will install the cabin interiors in Hamburg.
Once complete, you’ll find 520 seats on the double-decker jet. There will be eight first-class suites, 56 business-class seats, 76 in premium economy and 383 in coach.
The aircraft is scheduled to be delivered to the Japanese airline in early 2019 and will be placed on the Tokyo – Honolulu (HNL) route. ANA has ordered a total of three A380s and will be the fifteenth carrier to operate the aircraft.
Featured image by H. Gousse/Master Films/Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees