This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even though we’re well into the second half of the year, if you still haven’t used your $50 biannual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit from The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll want to check your account to see if you can score some additional savings. Select Amex customers are being targeted for an Amex Offer to receive $50 back when spending $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue. This offer expires September 29th, 2019, and like all Amex Offers, you must add it to your card before you can use it.
On its own, the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue credit isn’t the most valuable perk unless you regularly shop at Saks. However, if you’re able to stack it with another deal like this, you can rack up some serious savings. Between the $50 in savings from the Amex Offer and the $50 statement credit you’d receive from your Platinum card, you’d end up with $100 off a $250 purchase, or a 40% discount.
You can even triple dip to increase your savings by stacking a shopping portal on top of these two deals. According to cashbackmonitor.com, which aggregates current rates for different shopping portals, right now you can earn up to 4% additional cash back or 6 British Airways Avios per dollar spent at Saks Fifth Avenue.
There are only a few weeks left on this offer, so if you’re targeted, I would strongly suggest saving this offer to your Amex card even if you’re not sure you’re going to use it, as there’s absolutely no harm in doing so. Remember you can only save each Amex Offer to one of your cards, so make sure to check if you’re targeted on your Amex Platinum card first if you have one before looking at other Amex cards in your online account.
For more on Amex Offers & the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit, check out:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers
- Your Guide to the Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
- 10 Things to Buy Your Family at Saks With the Amex Platinum Credit
Featured image by Michael Brochstein/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees