Targeted: Save $50 at Saks Fifth Avenue with Amex Offers, plus stack with Amex Platinum credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even though we’re well into the second half of the year, if you still haven’t used your $50 biannual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit from The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll want to check your account to see if you can score some additional savings. Select Amex customers are being targeted for an Amex Offer to receive $50 back when spending $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue. This offer expires September 29th, 2019, and like all Amex Offers, you must add it to your card before you can use it.
On its own, the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue credit isn’t the most valuable perk unless you regularly shop at Saks. However, if you’re able to stack it with another deal like this, you can rack up some serious savings. Between the $50 in savings from the Amex Offer and the $50 statement credit you’d receive from your Platinum card, you’d end up with $100 off a $250 purchase, or a 40% discount.
You can even triple dip to increase your savings by stacking a shopping portal on top of these two deals. According to cashbackmonitor.com, which aggregates current rates for different shopping portals, right now you can earn up to 4% additional cash back or 6 British Airways Avios per dollar spent at Saks Fifth Avenue.
There are only a few weeks left on this offer, so if you’re targeted, I would strongly suggest saving this offer to your Amex card even if you’re not sure you’re going to use it, as there’s absolutely no harm in doing so. Remember you can only save each Amex Offer to one of your cards, so make sure to check if you’re targeted on your Amex Platinum card first if you have one before looking at other Amex cards in your online account.
For more on Amex Offers & the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit, check out:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers
- Your Guide to the Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
- 10 Things to Buy Your Family at Saks With the Amex Platinum Credit
Featured image by Michael Brochstein/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees