Targeted: Save $50 at Saks Fifth Avenue with Amex Offers, plus stack with Amex Platinum credit
Even though we’re well into the second half of the year, if you still haven’t used your $50 biannual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit from The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll want to check your account to see if you can score some additional savings. Select Amex customers are being targeted for an Amex Offer to receive $50 back when spending $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue. This offer expires September 29th, 2019, and like all Amex Offers, you must add it to your card before you can use it.
On its own, the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue credit isn’t the most valuable perk unless you regularly shop at Saks. However, if you’re able to stack it with another deal like this, you can rack up some serious savings. Between the $50 in savings from the Amex Offer and the $50 statement credit you’d receive from your Platinum card, you’d end up with $100 off a $250 purchase, or a 40% discount.
You can even triple dip to increase your savings by stacking a shopping portal on top of these two deals. According to cashbackmonitor.com, which aggregates current rates for different shopping portals, right now you can earn up to 4% additional cash back or 6 British Airways Avios per dollar spent at Saks Fifth Avenue.
There are only a few weeks left on this offer, so if you’re targeted, I would strongly suggest saving this offer to your Amex card even if you’re not sure you’re going to use it, as there’s absolutely no harm in doing so. Remember you can only save each Amex Offer to one of your cards, so make sure to check if you’re targeted on your Amex Platinum card first if you have one before looking at other Amex cards in your online account.
For more on Amex Offers & the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit, check out:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers
- Your Guide to the Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
- 10 Things to Buy Your Family at Saks With the Amex Platinum Credit
Featured image by Michael Brochstein/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees