Targeted: Save $50 at Saks Fifth Avenue with Amex Offers, plus stack with Amex Platinum credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Even though we’re well into the second half of the year, if you still haven’t used your $50 biannual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit from The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll want to check your account to see if you can score some additional savings. Select Amex customers are being targeted for an Amex Offer to receive $50 back when spending $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue. This offer expires September 29th, 2019, and like all Amex Offers, you must add it to your card before you can use it. Eligibility for this offer is limited. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming.
On its own, the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue credit isn’t the most valuable perk unless you regularly shop at Saks. However, if you’re able to stack it with another deal like this, you can rack up some serious savings. Between the $50 in savings from the Amex Offer and the $50 statement credit you’d receive from your Platinum card, you’d end up with $100 off a $250 purchase, or a 40% discount.
You can even triple dip to increase your savings by stacking a shopping portal on top of these two deals. According to cashbackmonitor.com, which aggregates current rates for different shopping portals, right now you can earn up to 4% additional cash back or 6 British Airways Avios per dollar spent at Saks Fifth Avenue.
There are only a few weeks left on this offer, so if you’re targeted, I would strongly suggest saving this offer to your Amex card even if you’re not sure you’re going to use it, as there’s absolutely no harm in doing so. Remember you can only save each Amex Offer to one of your cards, so make sure to check if you’re targeted on your Amex Platinum card first if you have one before looking at other Amex cards in your online account.
For more on Amex Offers & the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit, check out:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers
- Your Guide to the Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
- 10 Things to Buy Your Family at Saks With the Amex Platinum Credit
Featured image by Michael Brochstein/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees