Get 2,000 Bonus Points for Spending $50 or More at Amazon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you aren’t already familiar with Amex Offers, today’s an excellent time to learn all about them. Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals specifically for American Express cardholders, like 5,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue, 15% off Starbucks purchases and so many more.
On Tuesday, a great new Amex Offer popped up on some targeted American Express credit card accounts — 2,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $50 or more at Amazon…
As many of us know all too well, it’s not difficult to spend $50 at Amazon. But in this case, you don’t even have to spend all $50 at one time. The terms and conditions note that you just have to “spend $50+ in one or more transactions using your enrolled Card.” [emphasis added]
While some Amex Offers restrict the kinds of purchases that qualify, this offer is pretty wide open — the terms and conditions don’t even exclude buying gift cards. However, the transaction must be made through Amazon directly — it isn’t valid for purchases through Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
This Amazon deal also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving offers on both general purchases as well as cashback on travel purchases charged to your Amex:
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this Amazon promotion or the others you see above. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases.
I’m personally 3/5 on my Amex credit cards showing me this Amazon deal, with the following cards targeted for the offer in at least one browser:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
Given TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards points, these 2,000 points are worth $38, so if you’re targeted, it’s a no-brainer to add the offer to your card and take advantage of it the next time you’re shopping at Amazon. Don’t worry if you don’t see the bonus Membership Rewards points in your account right away. The terms and conditions note that “additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 5/31/2018.”
If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards under a single login (or try using multiple private browsers or moving cards to separate logins).
Featured image by Emanuele Cremaschi/Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees