Earn 5,000 Points or $50 off With Saks Fifth Avenue Amex Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is back with another fantastic Amex offer at retailer Saks Fifth Avenue. Eligible American Express cardholders can receive $50 off or 5,000 membership rewards points after spending $250 or more at Saks. The American Express Offers program gives Amex cardholders points or cash back bonuses for making purchases with specific merchants.
It appears that the offer is targeted (but still widely available) and only available on personal cards, but it could still be worth checking any business accounts you might have.
Here’s an example of the offer for 5,000 Membership rewards points:
And the other offer for $50 back after $250 in spend:
What’s the better deal? Probably the 5,000 Membership Rewards points because they are worth $95, according to TPG‘s valuations.
The offer expires on April 30, 2019, and is valid in-store or online at Saks.com. You also don’t have to make one $250 purchase, you can actually hit the minimum through multiple transactions.
Note that you’ll have to actually add the offer to your card before you shop to be eligible. You can do so by logging in to your American Express account, heading to the bottom of the account summary page and hitting ‘redeem.’
If you do shop online, make sure to go through a portal to earn extra cash back or miles. Check out CashbackMonitor.com to see compare different rates — the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal is offering five points per dollar at Saks, which comes out to 10.5% back.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.