This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is back with another fantastic Amex offer at retailer Saks Fifth Avenue. Eligible American Express cardholders can receive $50 off or 5,000 membership rewards points after spending $250 or more at Saks. The American Express Offers program gives Amex cardholders points or cash back bonuses for making purchases with specific merchants.
It appears that the offer is targeted (but still widely available) and only available on personal cards, but it could still be worth checking any business accounts you might have.
Here’s an example of the offer for 5,000 Membership rewards points:
And the other offer for $50 back after $250 in spend:
What’s the better deal? Probably the 5,000 Membership Rewards points because they are worth $95, according to TPG‘s valuations.
The offer expires on April 30, 2019, and is valid in-store or online at Saks.com. You also don’t have to make one $250 purchase, you can actually hit the minimum through multiple transactions.
Note that you’ll have to actually add the offer to your card before you shop to be eligible. You can do so by logging in to your American Express account, heading to the bottom of the account summary page and hitting ‘redeem.’
If you do shop online, make sure to go through a portal to earn extra cash back or miles. Check out CashbackMonitor.com to see compare different rates — the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal is offering five points per dollar at Saks, which comes out to 10.5% back.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards