Amex extends Lufthansa lounge access to select cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express has extended Lufthansa lounge access to select Amex cardholders yet again. Previously, the benefit was set to end on Oct. 31, 2019 but now Platinum and Centurion cardholders can enjoy the lounges until March 31, 2020.
Here’s what you can expect depending on which card you have:
With the Platinum card, you will enjoy complimentary access to Lufthansa Business lounges (whether or not you flew business) and Lufthansa Senator lounges (only accessible if you flew business) at the Munich (T2 Satellite) and Frankfurt (T1 Concourse B) airport.
If you’re one of the select members who has a black card, you will enjoy complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business lounges at the Munich and Frankfurt airport regardless of which class you flew.
To gain access, customers must present their eligible credit card, a government-issued ID and a same-day confirmed boarding pass for a flight operated by Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian. While cardholders aren’t given a complimentary guest, some locations may allow you to bring one for a fee. Note that if you’re an authorized user, you’ll be given the same access as the primary cardholder.
This perk is one of the many reasons why travelers love the Platinum card. Even if you don’t have plans to lounge in Frankfurt or Munich, the card gives you access to thousands of other lounges from Delta SkyClubs to Priority Pass lounges around the world.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee