This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in 2017, American Express began offering select cardmembers access to Lufthansa airport lounges within Germany — the benefit was extended again in 2018, and, now, Amex is adding another few months of access.
Through October 31, 2019, select cardmembers can access the Lufthansa lounges below.
- Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich Airport (MUC – T2 Satellite)
- Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt Airport (FRA – T1 Concourse B)
Additionally, when traveling in business class, cardmembers will have access to Lufthansa’s slightly superior Senator Lounges at the same locations.
In addition to the two business and Senator lounges above, Centurion cardmembers can access the following:
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge at Munich Airport (MUC – T2 Satellite)
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge at Frankfurt Airport (FRA – T1 Concourse B)
In all cases, customers must present their eligible credit card, a government-issued ID and a same-day confirmed boarding pass for a flight operated by Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian. Guests are not included, but certain locations may offer entry for a fee.
While the current iteration of this program does have a deadline — entry is only guaranteed through October 31, 2019 — hopefully Amex will expand this partnership with Lufthansa yet again once the current promo runs its course. Additionally, we may see new partnerships launch over the months and years to come, now that the LoungeBuddy team has joined forces with American Express.
In addition to Lufthansa lounges, customers with the Centurion Card, the Platinum Card® from American Express and the Business Platinum® Card from American Express can access Amex’s own Centurion Lounges around the world, in addition to 1,200+ Priority Pass lounges and restaurants, and Delta Sky Club locations (with a same-day Delta ticket).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees