Amex and Escape just opened a third Centurion-branded lounge in Phoenix
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If Phoenix is in your travel plans, be sure to pack your Amex card.
On Friday, the issuer, along with its partner Escape Lounges, opened a brand-new lounge at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Located in Terminal 3, the new lounge features many of the amenities you’ll find in other Escape Lounges nationwide, including private seating areas, a selection of tapas and small plates, a full bar with complimentary wine, beer and spirits and more.
The Escape Lounge is the first non-airline-branded outpost in Phoenix’s Terminal 3, joining the existing (and well-above-average) Delta Sky Club there. Terminal 3 is home to many major airlines, including Alaska, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Spirit and United, so this new lounge will be a great option for Amex’s premium cardmembers traveling through the terminal.
However, at just 4,500 square feet and a capacity of 100 guests, the lounge will likely get quite crowded during peak times.
The new Escape Lounges joins Amex’s two other outposts in Phoenix. In Terminal 4 — home to American Airlines, Southwest and others — the issuer operates a Centurion Lounge that’s located adjacent to a second Escape Lounge.
As for the new Escape Lounge, it’s located on the mezzanine level of Terminal 3 between the E and F gates, and it’s open daily from 4:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Though the lounge is light on amenities — there aren’t any private phone booths or relaxation areas inside — the food and beverage on offer looks to be quite tasty and refreshing. You can find the full menu here, but some of the highlights include chorizo breakfast tacos and baguette french toast for breakfast, and soy ginger salmon and stromboli bites for lunch and dinner.
Most of the liquor is complimentary, and there’s also a premium selection available for purchase ranging from a $9 signature dirty strawberry mojito to a $14 glass of Oban’s flagship 14-year-old single malt.
Customers can access the new Escape Lounge by flashing The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card. Those with the Platinum card can bring up to two guests into the lounge, but note that the Centurion Lounge guesting policy is changing in just over a year.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card cardmembers also receive complimentary access to the Centurion Lounge when flying Delta with a ticket purchased on any American Express card issued in the U.S. You’ll be able to bring up to two guests for a fee of $50 each.
Alternatively, access can be purchased in advance at escapelounges.com or upon arrival at the lounge.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees