Check your cards: This Amex Offer could take $300 off your next premium cabin flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express has offered several appealing Amex Offers recently. Now, there’s a new offer for targeted cardholders: get $300 back when you spend $1,000+ on airfare through Amex’s International Airline Program.
Some of TPG’s staffers have found this offer on The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. Go to the “Offers” tab on the American Express website or mobile app to see if you’re targeted for this offer. Once you locate the offer, select the “Add to Card” button and make your eligible purchase before the expiration date.
The International Airline Program is a discount program offered to Amex Platinum and Centurion Card from American Express cardholders and their business equivalents. You can use it to get discounts on premium cabin airfare with select airlines, including Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa and others. Discounts apply to premium economy, business class and first class tickets.
The information for the Centurion Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To receive the $300 rebate, there are several notable terms to be mindful of:
- You must spend at least $1,000 on your card on (a) qualifying purchase(s).
- Eligible airlines are limited to AeroMexico, Air France, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta, Emirates, Etihad, Finnair, Iberia Airlines, Japan Airlines, KLM, LATAM, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Swiss International Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
- Discount may not apply to codeshare partners.
- Travel must originate and return to the U.S. and select Canadian airports.
- You must book your travel through the Amex Travel portal by going to AmericanExpress.com/us/AmexTravelIAP, through the Amex® App, or by calling the number on the back of your card.
- The maximum rebate for this offer is a one-time $300.
- You must add the offer to your card before your purchase and use the card with the offer to pay for your flight.
- The $300 rebate is posted as a statement credit on your card.
- Travel must be booked and paid for by July 20, 2022, but you can fly after this date.
Since this only applies to International Airline Program tickets, you must travel in premium economy class or higher.
This offer also applies to flight and hotel packages sold by American Express, assuming it meets the terms.
There’s no harm in adding the offer to your card even if you don’t end up using it. This way, you’ll save $300 if you book a premium ticket before the offer expires.
Although Delta is the only U.S.-based airline participating in this offer, ample international carriers exist across the three major alliances. And who knows — maybe this is the push you needed to plan a summer trip as more countries have continued to welcome American tourists.
Featured photo by Andrew Kunesh/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees