American Airlines will soon let you pre-order meals on regional flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ premium-cabin passengers will be able to pre-order their meals on more flights starting next month.
Beginning March 11, American will expand its pre-order option to include American Eagle flights that have a first-class cabin and fly on routes of 900 miles or more.
American said the move will make it the first airline to allow passengers to pre-order meals on both regional and mainline routes.
“Ordering meals in advance is important to our customers, and we’re excited to bring this option to more flights,” Raphael Girardoni, American’s managing director of food and beverage services, said in a statement. “The culinary experience is an important part of travel that we will continue to invest in.”
The addition of applicable American Eagle flights mean there will be almost 1,900 daily departures in American’s network that allow for pre-ordering meals.
According to the airline, pre-order options on American Eagle flights will include a charcuterie plate, a Tex-Mex salad with adobo chicken, a Mediterranean turkey club sandwich, hot smoked salmon with everything-bagel seasoned potato salad and curried chicken salad on a croissant.
For longer-haul flights, American will also update the Flagship First and Business food offerings on March 11. Departures from the U.S. to South American and Europe will include a chicken cobb salad on the pre-order menu, and the return flights will offer a charcuterie plate.
American’s expansion of the pre-order meal program come as rivals Delta and United have also recently tweaked their programs. In November, Delta extended the ordering window — allowing passengers to select their meals 21 days in advance, up from just a few days before departure. And late last year, United began allowing its premium passengers to pre-order meals on select flights.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees