This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines regional carrier PSA, which operates 12% of AA’s 6,700 daily flights, continued to cancel all of its flights Tuesday.
The airline experienced technical issues beginning Thursday evening that continued into Monday. PSA’s computer systems experienced latency issues that caused the crew’s scheduling tools to slow down, which caused around 2,500 flight cancellations. Majority of the cancelations were in and out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). PSA operates 45% of CLT’s flights.
PSA announced in a statement the airline has stabilized its computer systems and is working to get back on schedule. The carrier said it will be operating on a reduced schedule over the next few days until its computer systems are fully restored.
We did check our status, and it showed on-time. I got the cancellation call while standing in the Pre✅line. Gate agent said this was a known issue for at least 4 hours.
— TigerCPA (@tigercpa88) June 18, 2018
What does “next few days” mean? I have a PSA flight Friday morning…when will a call be made on its status?
— Dana (@DanaCGolightly) June 19, 2018
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees