This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines regional carrier PSA, which operates 12% of AA’s 6,700 daily flights, continued to cancel all of its flights Tuesday.
The airline experienced technical issues beginning Thursday evening that continued into Monday. PSA’s computer systems experienced latency issues that caused the crew’s scheduling tools to slow down, which caused around 2,500 flight cancellations. Majority of the cancelations were in and out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). PSA operates 45% of CLT’s flights.
PSA announced in a statement the airline has stabilized its computer systems and is working to get back on schedule. The carrier said it will be operating on a reduced schedule over the next few days until its computer systems are fully restored.
We did check our status, and it showed on-time. I got the cancellation call while standing in the Pre✅line. Gate agent said this was a known issue for at least 4 hours.
— TigerCPA (@tigercpa88) June 18, 2018
What does “next few days” mean? I have a PSA flight Friday morning…when will a call be made on its status?
— Dana (@DanaCGolightly) June 19, 2018
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards