Even More American Airlines Flights Cancelled at CLT Due to Tech Glitch
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines regional carrier PSA canceled 70 more flights out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) Sunday evening due to a technical glitch — less than a week after the carrier grounded hundreds of flights due to similar technical issues.
This new round of cancellations come just three days after PSA had to cancel 275 flights Thursday night — 125 of them were out of CLT. American did not specify what the technical glitch was, telling passengers only that PSA “experienced a technical issue that has caused them to cancel their flights for the remainder of the evening,” on Thursday. PSA was also forced to cancel more flights on Friday.
TPG reached out to American for more details regarding the glitch but did not receive a response by time of publication.
“PSA will also be operating a reduced schedule into and out of CLT Monday morning until noon Eastern time. This issue is not affecting any of our other regional carriers and mainline flights,” American Airlines said in its most recent statement regarding the issues.
As thousands of AA customers are left stranded and with little information on what’s causing the issue, passengers are frustrated and want an explanation.
We never want to disrupt our customers’ travel plans and we are sorry for the trouble this caused. Customer relations will be reaching out to all of those who were impacted by this issue. You can reach out to them directly at https://t.co/p58P8KKQG7
— PSA Airlines (@PSAAirlinesInc) June 17, 2018
AA encourages its customers flying out Monday to check their flight status via the AA app or visit aa.com. We suggest you check which credit card you used to book your flight; a number of cards offer trip delay reimbursements up to $500 per ticket.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees