American Airlines Donated 20,000 Relief Kits to California Wildfire Victims
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has donated 20,000 American Red Cross hygiene kits to California wildfire victims, the carrier said on Tuesday.
Dozens of Arizona based AA team members assembled the amenity kits in the carrier’s Phoenix cargo facility donations serve as the airline’s largest relief effort in history. The kits will be distributed in temporary shelters and contain liquid hand soap, shampoo, a toothbrush and toothpaste, hand and body lotion, disposable razor, shaving gel, deodorant, facial tissues, a washcloth, a comb and a plastic drawstring bag.
“It’s our hope that these kits provide some relief during a difficult time,” Suzanne Boda, senior vice president in Los Angeles, said in a statement. “Just being able to wash your hair or brush your teeth, something that we all tend to take for granted, can help bring back a sense of normalcy.”
Monetary donations during natural disasters like these deadly fires can be one of the best ways to help organizations like the Red Cross provide necessary relief supplies and health services for victims. Consider donating to TPG’s fundraising campaign, and we will match donations up to $10,000. Additionally, now through Dec. 10, AAdvantage members can earn 10 miles for every dollar donated to the Red Cross with a minimum $25 donation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees