American Airlines Donated 20,000 Relief Kits to California Wildfire Victims
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has donated 20,000 American Red Cross hygiene kits to California wildfire victims, the carrier said on Tuesday.
Dozens of Arizona based AA team members assembled the amenity kits in the carrier’s Phoenix cargo facility donations serve as the airline’s largest relief effort in history. The kits will be distributed in temporary shelters and contain liquid hand soap, shampoo, a toothbrush and toothpaste, hand and body lotion, disposable razor, shaving gel, deodorant, facial tissues, a washcloth, a comb and a plastic drawstring bag.
“It’s our hope that these kits provide some relief during a difficult time,” Suzanne Boda, senior vice president in Los Angeles, said in a statement. “Just being able to wash your hair or brush your teeth, something that we all tend to take for granted, can help bring back a sense of normalcy.”
Monetary donations during natural disasters like these deadly fires can be one of the best ways to help organizations like the Red Cross provide necessary relief supplies and health services for victims. Consider donating to TPG’s fundraising campaign, and we will match donations up to $10,000. Additionally, now through Dec. 10, AAdvantage members can earn 10 miles for every dollar donated to the Red Cross with a minimum $25 donation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.