American Airlines doubles down on Apple partnership with latest inflight offering
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you fly with American Airlines, you’ll have a new inflight entertainment option.
On Monday, the Fort Worth-based carrier announced that it is expanding its Apple partnership to offer travelers a library of curated books — and some are even free.
Additionally, the carrier is offering a limited-time promotion for its AAdvantage members. Before flying on American, frequent flyers can now download a pre-selected book to their devices free of charge.
In honor of Black History Month which began on Feb. 1, The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates is the first free title offered through this program. Expect a rotating selection during this limited-time promotion.
Apple Books is just the latest way that flyers can access Apple’s robust content library during an American Airlines flight.
In August 2020, the carrier teamed up with the tech behemoth to offer travelers free access to Apple TV+ shows during flight. Though most domestic AA planes don’t feature seat-back entertainment, the AA-Inflight Wi-Fi portal is loaded with all the latest entertainment options.
Additionally, all travelers can stream Apple Music for free in flight. This includes the full 70 million and counting songs, curated playlists and more. Note that you’ll need to be on a ViaSat-equipped jet to access Apple Music.
With its latest collaboration, American is strengthening its partnership with Apple. Going forward, flyers will have access to books, TV shows and music through Apple, in addition to AA’s other non-branded entertainment options.
Just be sure to fly with a compatible device, like your phone, tablet or laptop, since most domestic jets no longer have seat-back screens.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees