American Airlines doubles down on Apple partnership with latest inflight offering
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you fly with American Airlines, you’ll have a new inflight entertainment option.
On Monday, the Fort Worth-based carrier announced that it is expanding its Apple partnership to offer travelers a library of curated books — and some are even free.
Additionally, the carrier is offering a limited-time promotion for its AAdvantage members. Before flying on American, frequent flyers can now download a pre-selected book to their devices free of charge.
In honor of Black History Month which began on Feb. 1, The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates is the first free title offered through this program. Expect a rotating selection during this limited-time promotion.
Apple Books is just the latest way that flyers can access Apple’s robust content library during an American Airlines flight.
In August 2020, the carrier teamed up with the tech behemoth to offer travelers free access to Apple TV+ shows during flight. Though most domestic AA planes don’t feature seat-back entertainment, the AA-Inflight Wi-Fi portal is loaded with all the latest entertainment options.
Additionally, all travelers can stream Apple Music for free in flight. This includes the full 70 million and counting songs, curated playlists and more. Note that you’ll need to be on a ViaSat-equipped jet to access Apple Music.
With its latest collaboration, American is strengthening its partnership with Apple. Going forward, flyers will have access to books, TV shows and music through Apple, in addition to AA’s other non-branded entertainment options.
Just be sure to fly with a compatible device, like your phone, tablet or laptop, since most domestic jets no longer have seat-back screens.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.