American Airlines Launches Free Inflight Apple Music Streaming
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a move that’s sure to be music to many travelers’ ears, American Airlines has announced the launch of a free, inflight Apple Music partnership on US flights starting Friday, Feb. 1.
In order to access Apple Music at no additional cost during domestic American Airlines flights, subscribers simply connect to the complimentary inflight Wi-Fi, open Apple Music and start browsing the more than 50 million songs, playlists and music videos available on the platform. For passengers who don’t already have a subscription, Apple states that customers “can get Apple Music, sign up onboard and receive free access for three months.”
Once connected, passengers will have access to “the world’s most exciting new music and unique city-themed playlists for their journey, in addition to exclusive content such as in-depth artist interviews and today’s hottest sounds on the Beats 1 global livestream.”
In a statement, Apple Music vice president Oliver Schusser said, “For most travelers, having music to listen to on the plane is just as important as anything they pack in their suitcases. With the addition of Apple Music on American flights, we are excited that customers can now enjoy their music in even more places. Subscribers can stream all their favorite songs and artists in the air, and continue to listen to their personal library offline, giving them everything they need to truly sit back, relax and enjoy their flight.”
More information about the new program can be found here. And for optimal listening capabilities, check out our guide to The Best Wireless Headphones and Earbuds for Every Type of Traveler.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.