Amazon Is Ending Whole Foods’ Loyalty Program Next Month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whole Foods’ young loyalty program is being discontinued by its new owner, Amazon. After about just one year of existence, Whole Foods’ loyalty program will officially end as of May 1.
In an email to current Whole Foods loyalty members, the company detailed that you have until May 1 to redeem any unused rewards and digital coupons. As of that date, all unused discounts and rewards will expire. Plus, the online accounts of all members will be discontinued. As of May 2, only Amazon Prime members will have any kind of perks at Whole Foods.
“Stay tuned — we’re cooking up something great with Amazon and can’t wait to tell you about it,” the email to members said.
Since the Amazon-Whole Foods deal closed in 2017, the affects have been immediate. In addition to the grocer selling Amazon Echos in its stores on day one, the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card announced that cardholders can earn up to 5% back on Whole Foods purchases.
The ending of the Whole Foods loyalty program isn’t a huge negative for Whole Foods shoppers. If anything, it made getting an Amazon Prime membership all the more valuable, as Prime members will likely get additional benefits at Whole Foods beginning May 2.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees