Calling all Wordle fanatics and travel enthusiasts: There’s a new game to pass the time at the airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you missed it, the word game Wordle has seemingly taken the world, and definitely TPG, by storm — as evidenced by the intense Slack thread about this morning’s word.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights, there’s a new game to play the next time you are sitting at the airport with time to kill.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
If you’ve made it through this article thus far and are still wondering what the heck Wordle is, here’s how it works: Wordle gives you six tries to guess a (relatively common) five-letter word. If you get a correct letter it will show you one of two options — green for right letter in the right spot, or yellow for right letter but in the wrong spot. The keyboard will also gray out letters you have already struck out with. The genius is it then allows you to share your result to social media without giving away the word.
Earlier this week Scott’s Cheap Flights introduced their take on Wordle: Airportle, a game to test your knowledge of airport IATA codes (the two or three letters used to identify airports by the International Air Transport Association).
The game works similarly to Wordle and tests your knowledge with a daily challenge.
So the next time you are stuck at your gate thanks to a delayed flight, test your mind and see how well you know your airport codes. Then you can go back to scrolling through Instagram.
Featured photo by Igor Nesterov/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees