Air Seychelles Received Africa’s First Airbus A320Neo and It’s Beautiful
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Seychelles, the national carrier for the Republic of Seychelles, became the first African carrier to take delivery of an Airbus A320Neo aircraft last week. The new plane sports a rainbow tail and colorful details on its wingtips and engines, making for a gorgeous livery.
Air Seychelles, partly owned by Etihad Airways, is facing competition serving the island. British Airways, Qatar Airways and Ethiopian all offer flights to the East African archipelago from Europe and continental Africa.
The new A320s will replace older Airbus planes used for regional flights, and come amid a shakeup in strategy for the carrier. Air Seychelles in 2018 that it would shift its focus to a regional one, dropping a high-profile route to Paris to instead focus on shorter hauls from its home base. The airline’s main hub is in Mahé, the largest of the islands that make up the nation that lies off Africa’s east coast in the Indian Ocean.
The Seychelles have emerged in recent years as a bucket-list beach destination. British royal couple Prince William and Kate Middleton honeymooned in the Seychelles in 2017, but a May 2019 TPG review noted that “there are also plenty of family-friendly reasons for us ‘normal folks’ (with points and miles) to vacation in this Indian Ocean island nation, too.”
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees