Air Italy Reveals First Pictures of A330
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Italy, one of the “newest” airlines on the block, has revealed some of the first pictures of its soon to be delivered A330.
Air Italy isn’t actually a new airline, but is the re-branded version of the small Italian airline Meridiana. Qatar Airways bought a 49% stake in the company and has leased five of its own A330-200s to the airline.
We’ve now seen some of the first pictures of the jet that will debut on its long-haul routes this summer, including New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) and Miami (MIA) to Milan.
Qatar shared an image of the full paint job on a 737 MAX back in February.
The A330 was delivered to Qatar in 2004 with the Qatari registration A7-ACE and will receive an Irish registration, EI-GFX, once it starts flying again. (Many aviation leasing companies are based in Ireland for tax reasons.)
The aircraft is currently in Dublin being repainted in the tricolor scheme. The 260-seat wide-body will include 24 angle-flat seats in business and 236 in economy. Business will be laid out in a 2-2-2 configuration and economy in 2-4-2.
Air Italy will fly the A330 until its leases on 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliners beginning in May 2019. Air Italy also has two Boeing 767s from the Meridiana fleet, which it plans on phasing out in 2019.
H/T: Corriere della Sera
Featured image by Air Italy.
Correction: A previous version of this story said that Air Italy has started flying some of its 20 leased Boeing 737 MAXs. In fact, the planes are currently undergoing test flights but are not in commercial service yet.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees