Air Italy Reveals First Pictures of A330
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Italy, one of the “newest” airlines on the block, has revealed some of the first pictures of its soon to be delivered A330.
Air Italy isn’t actually a new airline, but is the re-branded version of the small Italian airline Meridiana. Qatar Airways bought a 49% stake in the company and has leased five of its own A330-200s to the airline.
We’ve now seen some of the first pictures of the jet that will debut on its long-haul routes this summer, including New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) and Miami (MIA) to Milan.
Qatar shared an image of the full paint job on a 737 MAX back in February.
The A330 was delivered to Qatar in 2004 with the Qatari registration A7-ACE and will receive an Irish registration, EI-GFX, once it starts flying again. (Many aviation leasing companies are based in Ireland for tax reasons.)
The aircraft is currently in Dublin being repainted in the tricolor scheme. The 260-seat wide-body will include 24 angle-flat seats in business and 236 in economy. Business will be laid out in a 2-2-2 configuration and economy in 2-4-2.
Air Italy will fly the A330 until its leases on 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliners beginning in May 2019. Air Italy also has two Boeing 767s from the Meridiana fleet, which it plans on phasing out in 2019.
H/T: Corriere della Sera
Featured image by Air Italy.
Correction: A previous version of this story said that Air Italy has started flying some of its 20 leased Boeing 737 MAXs. In fact, the planes are currently undergoing test flights but are not in commercial service yet.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.