Air France-KLM Swap Aircraft Orders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France-KLM has announced that it will be swapping its remaining Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 orders. Currently, Air France operates a total of nine Boeing 787-9s, with one more scheduled to be delivered in May of 2020. Air France is also set to now add an additional 20 A350-900s to its fleet, an order that was originally slated for KLM. At the end of the delivery window, Air France’s A350-900 fleet will total 28 planes.
KLM, which currently has a fleet of 13 Boeing 787-9s, will grow its fleet size to a total of 21 by the end of 2020, according to the airline. That total will include six 787s that were originally ordered for Air France.
Benjamin Smith, CEO of Air France-KLM, said, “This is the first step towards harmonizing and simplifying the Air France-KLM Group fleet at its two major airlines.”
Want to know what to expect onboard the KLM Dreamliner? Read our latest review of service between Amsterdam and New York in coach.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.