Air France Launching Airbus A350 With New Business Class to North America
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France has announced its first North American route to feature its new Airbus A350. The aircraft will feature its new business class product and will fly daily nonstop to Toronto, beginning Nov. 25, 2019.
The aircraft features a new business class product with 34 Zodiac Optima seats in a 1-2-1 lie-flat configuration, similar to United’s Polaris product. This means Air France now has numerous different premium products on different aircraft to North America. Here is TPG‘s review of its 1-2-1 reverse herringbone on Air France’s Boeing 777-300ER from Paris to New York, and its 2-2-2 Airbus A330 from Paris to Houston.
The Toronto flight will operate on the following schedule:
- AF356 Paris (CDG) 2:15pm Departure ⇒ Toronto (YYZ) 4:45pm Arrival
- AF351 Toronto (YYZ) 6:45pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 8:15am (+1) Arrival
In addition to the business class cabin, Air France’s A350 will feature 24 in seats in premium economy laid out in a 2-4-2 configuration and another 266 seats in a 3-3-3 layout in economy.
There is decent award availability showing for this flight. Since Air France is a SkyTeam carrier, you can use a number of mileage currencies to nab a seat. Using Air France’s own Flying Blue program may yield the best search results — plus, you can transfer points from all the major credit card programs to Flying Blue. The standard cost is 60,000 miles each way in business class.
The Air France-KLM group has 28 A350-900s on order, with 21 to operate for Air France and the other seven in KLM colors.
Featured image by Safran Seats.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.