Air France Launching Airbus A350 With New Business Class to North America
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France has announced its first North American route to feature its new Airbus A350. The aircraft will feature its new business class product and will fly daily nonstop to Toronto, beginning Nov. 25, 2019.
The aircraft features a new business class product with 34 Zodiac Optima seats in a 1-2-1 lie-flat configuration, similar to United’s Polaris product. This means Air France now has numerous different premium products on different aircraft to North America. Here is TPG‘s review of its 1-2-1 reverse herringbone on Air France’s Boeing 777-300ER from Paris to New York, and its 2-2-2 Airbus A330 from Paris to Houston.
The Toronto flight will operate on the following schedule:
- AF356 Paris (CDG) 2:15pm Departure ⇒ Toronto (YYZ) 4:45pm Arrival
- AF351 Toronto (YYZ) 6:45pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 8:15am (+1) Arrival
In addition to the business class cabin, Air France’s A350 will feature 24 in seats in premium economy laid out in a 2-4-2 configuration and another 266 seats in a 3-3-3 layout in economy.
There is decent award availability showing for this flight. Since Air France is a SkyTeam carrier, you can use a number of mileage currencies to nab a seat. Using Air France’s own Flying Blue program may yield the best search results — plus, you can transfer points from all the major credit card programs to Flying Blue. The standard cost is 60,000 miles each way in business class.
The Air France-KLM group has 28 A350-900s on order, with 21 to operate for Air France and the other seven in KLM colors.
Featured image by Safran Seats.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees