Air France just added a 787-9 Dreamliner flight to Denver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, this sure is an interesting addition!
As @AirlineFlyer reports on Twitter, Denver International Airport (DEN) just shared the news that Air France will be launching nonstop service between DEN and Paris (CDG) beginning on July 2, 2021, operating three times a week through Oct. 29.
Colorado and France are both especially appealing summer destinations, but the U.S. is currently closed to Europeans and Europe is inaccessible to Americans. It’s unclear exactly who would be able to travel on this new flight, but the optimist in me is hoping Air France knows something we don’t!
Related: Best times to visit Colorado
Air France is planning to fly a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner between the two cities, including 30 business-class seats, 21 premium economy seats and 225 seats in coach. The airline is expecting to operate the following schedule, according to TPG sister site ExpertFlyer, with service on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
Denver is a major hub for United Airlines, a member of the Star Alliance. Air France, however, is a member of competitor SkyTeam, meaning flight connections from DEN are likely to be quite limited. Notably, this is the first time a SkyTeam member has connected Denver to Europe without a stop.
This summer, Denver is also expecting to offer flights via British Airways and United to London (LHR). There will be flights from Denver to Frankfurt (FRA) on Lufthansa and United. Denver will also see Munich (MUC) service with Lufthansa, and Zurich (ZRH) service with Swiss/Edelweiss Air.
Air France is expecting to begin selling its new flight as soon as today, April 15. While pricing has not yet been released, SkyTeam currently sells one-stop flights on Delta, starting at $1,049 in economy and $3,115 in business class, so that may give you an idea of what to expect on the fare front.
Off the beaten path: Tips on visiting and exploring France
It’s important to note that “Service start is contingent on changes to travel bans currently in effect which do not allow non-essential travel between the United States and Europe,” as the airport notes in its press release. That’s just one itsy bitsy challenge to iron out.
In a separate press release, Air France said, “This new destination will thus strengthen Air France’s service to the United States. Subject to the easing of travel restrictions, the airline will offer flights to 12 US cities during the 2021 summer season: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Washington D.C.”
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees