Air France just added a 787-9 Dreamliner flight to Denver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, this sure is an interesting addition!
As @AirlineFlyer reports on Twitter, Denver International Airport (DEN) just shared the news that Air France will be launching nonstop service between DEN and Paris (CDG) beginning on July 2, 2021, operating three times a week through Oct. 29.
Colorado and France are both especially appealing summer destinations, but the U.S. is currently closed to Europeans and Europe is inaccessible to Americans. It’s unclear exactly who would be able to travel on this new flight, but the optimist in me is hoping Air France knows something we don’t!
Related: Best times to visit Colorado
Air France is planning to fly a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner between the two cities, including 30 business-class seats, 21 premium economy seats and 225 seats in coach. The airline is expecting to operate the following schedule, according to TPG sister site ExpertFlyer, with service on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
Denver is a major hub for United Airlines, a member of the Star Alliance. Air France, however, is a member of competitor SkyTeam, meaning flight connections from DEN are likely to be quite limited. Notably, this is the first time a SkyTeam member has connected Denver to Europe without a stop.
This summer, Denver is also expecting to offer flights via British Airways and United to London (LHR). There will be flights from Denver to Frankfurt (FRA) on Lufthansa and United. Denver will also see Munich (MUC) service with Lufthansa, and Zurich (ZRH) service with Swiss/Edelweiss Air.
Air France is expecting to begin selling its new flight as soon as today, April 15. While pricing has not yet been released, SkyTeam currently sells one-stop flights on Delta, starting at $1,049 in economy and $3,115 in business class, so that may give you an idea of what to expect on the fare front.
Off the beaten path: Tips on visiting and exploring France
It’s important to note that “Service start is contingent on changes to travel bans currently in effect which do not allow non-essential travel between the United States and Europe,” as the airport notes in its press release. That’s just one itsy bitsy challenge to iron out.
In a separate press release, Air France said, “This new destination will thus strengthen Air France’s service to the United States. Subject to the easing of travel restrictions, the airline will offer flights to 12 US cities during the 2021 summer season: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Washington D.C.”
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.