Air China Finally Has a Plane With 1-2-1 Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many frequent travelers seem to have a bit of a love affair going with the A350. The latest Airbus jet sports a bundle of passenger-friendly enhancements, in addition to some of the industry’s best airline products, from Qatar’s outstanding Qsuite business class to the new and improved Delta One.
The A350 is now flying with Asiana, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta, Ethiopian, Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, Lufthansa, Philippine Airlines, Qatar, Singapore, Thai and Vietnam — and, as of this week, the A350-900 has now made its way to Air China’s fleet as well.
Let’s take a look inside…
While Air China offers an uncompetitive 2-2-2 business-class product on its 747-8s and 777-300ERs, it opted to go with a 1-2-1 arrangement on the A350-900, the shorter of the two versions of the plane (the A350-1000 seats roughly 50 more.)
There are a total of 32 business seats, located in one long cabin.
Overall, it’s a huge improvement over the old product.
This is also the first Air China plane to offer a true premium-economy seat.
There are 24 onboard, arranged in a 2-4-2 configuration and spread between three rows.
Like with its US-based counterparts, Air China’s premium-economy seat offers extra recline, in addition to a fold-out leg rest.
Just behind that small premium cabin, you’ll find two cabins of economy.
There are a total of 256 seats here, arranged in the standard 3-3-3.
How to Fly Air China’s A350
Air China’s first A350 is expected to enter service next Tuesday, August 14, though the carrier has only confirmed a few domestic routes for now. Initially, the A350s will fly daily from Beijing (PEK) to Chengdu (CTU) beginning August 15, and to Guangzhou (CAN) and Shanghai Hongqiao (SHA) beginning September 3.
Fares between Beijing and Shanghai are most affordable, at $191 one-way for economy and premium economy, or $698 for business class. You can also save a bit by booking through CTrip — economy drops to $147 each way, while you’ll pay $626 for biz.
Award availability is decent as well — booked through United MileagePlus, one-way awards start at 8,000 miles in economy or 22,500 in business class.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees