Air Canada boosts summer service to Paris
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada customers will have more options to get to Paris this summer. Canada’s flag carrier is boosting its summer schedule to the French capital, adding three additional weekly flights from Montreal and four from Toronto.
The airline cited increasing tourism traffic to eastern Canada as the main driver behind the new flights. Toronto and Montreal are Air Canada‘s two biggest eastern hubs.
“These additional Paris flights will provide more growth opportunities for Canada’s dynamic tourism sector,” Mark Galardo, vice president of network planning at Air Canada, said in a statement. “These added flights will also allow customers additional flexibility of choosing their preferred departure time from the city of lights, as Air Canada will introduce an early evening departure from Paris to both Montreal and Toronto.”
The extra summertime flights are in addition to the two daily round-trip flights Air Canada already offered to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) from Montreal (YUL) and one daily round-trip from Toronto Pearson (YYZ).
The airline in recent years has also tried to boost its profile as a connecting option to Europe and Asia for passengers from secondary markets in the U.S.
The additional Montreal flights will run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and the Toronto flights will go on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Air Canada will operate the services with Airbus A330-300s. The new flights bring the airline’s total summer frequencies to Paris to 31.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees