Air Canada boosts summer service to Paris
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada customers will have more options to get to Paris this summer. Canada’s flag carrier is boosting its summer schedule to the French capital, adding three additional weekly flights from Montreal and four from Toronto.
The airline cited increasing tourism traffic to eastern Canada as the main driver behind the new flights. Toronto and Montreal are Air Canada‘s two biggest eastern hubs.
“These additional Paris flights will provide more growth opportunities for Canada’s dynamic tourism sector,” Mark Galardo, vice president of network planning at Air Canada, said in a statement. “These added flights will also allow customers additional flexibility of choosing their preferred departure time from the city of lights, as Air Canada will introduce an early evening departure from Paris to both Montreal and Toronto.”
The extra summertime flights are in addition to the two daily round-trip flights Air Canada already offered to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) from Montreal (YUL) and one daily round-trip from Toronto Pearson (YYZ).
The airline in recent years has also tried to boost its profile as a connecting option to Europe and Asia for passengers from secondary markets in the U.S.
The additional Montreal flights will run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and the Toronto flights will go on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Air Canada will operate the services with Airbus A330-300s. The new flights bring the airline’s total summer frequencies to Paris to 31.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.