This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some Amex cardholders are seeing the targeted offer in their accounts for $100 back after spending $500 with the airline (in one or more transactions). Cardholders have reported seeing it on The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express, though it could also be available on additional Amex cards.
That $100 off translates to a 20% discount if you’re purchasing a $500 fare. When you add in the minimum of 2,500 Amex points you’d earn if you purchase with the Platinum Card (since it earns 5x points on airfare booked directly with the airline), you’ll net $48 worth of points according to TPG’s latest valuations.
Aerolineas is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and is Argentina’s flag carrier. The airline flies nonstop from Buenos Aires (EZE) to New York (JFK) and Miami (MIA), in addition to loads of South American destinations.
Since Aerolineas is a Delta partner, you can earn SkyMiles and elite credits with the airline. The earnings aren’t amazing for economy, but they’re based on distance flown instead of dollars spent, which can rack up pretty quickly for flights between North America and Argentina.
If you do plan on taking advantage of the deal, you’ll want to add it to your card first. To see if you’re targeted, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the bottom of the home page, which is where you’ll find if you’ve been targeted for the offer. If so, click “Add to Card” and you should be good to go.
The offer expires on September 27, so make sure to complete your purchase before then. Also, you’ll have to complete your purchase through the US version of the website: aerolineas.com.ar/en-us.
Featured image by Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees