Aer Lingus and Iberia to Get Brand New Airbus A321XLRs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The newly announced Airbus A321XLR aircraft officially has its fourth customer. After being announced as the latest aircraft in the Airbus A320 family on Monday at the Paris Air Show, International Airline Group (IAG) has placed an order for 14 A321XLRs.
With the 5,400-mile mile range of the A321XLR, both Aer Lingus and Iberia will be able to extend their respective route networks with the narrow-body aircraft. For Aer Lingus, that means it can fly from its base in Dublin to interior destinations beyond East Coast of the US and Canada.
IAG expects to take delivery of the 14 aircraft in 2023. It remains unclear at this point what the interior of the aircraft will look like.
On Monday’s announcement of the launch of the A321XLR, aircraft-leasing company Air Lease Corporation was designated as the launch partner. Shortly thereafter, Middle East Airlines announced it was ordering four of the aircraft. And earlier on Tuesday, Cebu Pacific ordered 10 XLRs.
All images courtesy Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees