Aer Lingus and Iberia to Get Brand New Airbus A321XLRs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The newly announced Airbus A321XLR aircraft officially has its fourth customer. After being announced as the latest aircraft in the Airbus A320 family on Monday at the Paris Air Show, International Airline Group (IAG) has placed an order for 14 A321XLRs.
With the 5,400-mile mile range of the A321XLR, both Aer Lingus and Iberia will be able to extend their respective route networks with the narrow-body aircraft. For Aer Lingus, that means it can fly from its base in Dublin to interior destinations beyond East Coast of the US and Canada.
IAG expects to take delivery of the 14 aircraft in 2023. It remains unclear at this point what the interior of the aircraft will look like.
On Monday’s announcement of the launch of the A321XLR, aircraft-leasing company Air Lease Corporation was designated as the launch partner. Shortly thereafter, Middle East Airlines announced it was ordering four of the aircraft. And earlier on Tuesday, Cebu Pacific ordered 10 XLRs.
All images courtesy Airbus.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.