This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: That was quick! These new packages have already sold out.
We are nearing the end of week two of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways. While today’s offer of discounted Omni hotels doesn’t go live until 1:00pm ET, you’ll want to act now to jump on an unscheduled offer that just popped up.
One of the fastest-selling offers each year are discounted Choice points. With an opportunity to buy Choice point at under 0.5 cents each and suites available at 8,000 Choice points per night, these packages allow travelers to score incredible stays for less than $40 per night.
This year — as in prior years — the biggest two packages of Choice points sold out in less than a minute. But, if you missed out on that opportunity to stock up on Choice points, you’re in luck: Daily Getaways just added another 1,304 packages of 55,000 Choice points. And there are some packages of 14,000 Choice points still available.
Based on the Choice points purchases I’ve made in week one, Daily Getaways purchases code as travel. So, make sure to use a credit card that has a category bonus for general travel such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x Ultimate Rewards points) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points).
However, you’re going to want to be strategic about which card you use when purchasing multiple packages. It seems credit cards can only be used to purchase two packages of Choice points — meaning I had to resort to using a non-bonus card when purchasing points during the original sale of Choice points.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards