Act Fast: Business Class Round-Trip Between New York and Nice, France for $1,200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we’ve seen with United’s new year-round service between San Francisco (SFO) and Tahiti (PPT), there’s a surefire way to make an entrance into a market: low prices. Even if you’ve never heard of La Compagnie, the business class-only airline that so far only shuttles passengers between New York/Newark (EWR) and Paris (ORY), you may be interested in cozying up.
La Compagnie has just announced nonstop, seasonal service between New York/Newark (EWR) and Nice (NCE) beginning May 5, 2019. If you’re quick enough to be one of the first 1,000 passengers to book, you’ll be treated to a “discovery rate” of $1,200 round-trip — a screaming deal for a transatlantic flight in business class, even if La Compagnie isn’t part of an reward-earning airline alliance.
The new route will operate five times weekly, Wednesday through Sunday, between the months of May and October. Flights out of Newark International Airport (EWR) will depart at 11:30pm, arriving to Nice Côte d’Azur International Airport (NCE) at 1:50pm the following afternoon. Flights departing Nice will be offered at 6:15pm with a same-day arrival in New York at 10:00pm. La Compagnie passengers can also enjoy service to Nice on Monday or Tuesday with connections from Paris Orly Airport (ORY) operated through a special partnership with EasyJet.
As with all La Compagnie flights, passengers will be welcomed with “lounge and priority access for a painless and exclusive pre-flight experience. Onboard the Boeing 757, guests will enjoy reclining lie flat beds, refreshing amenity kits with Caudalie skincare products, personal iPads, a seasonally-curated menu by Michelin-starred chef Christophe Langrée, a selective list of French wines and Champagne and artisanal croissants by famous French bakery, Maison Kayser.”
It remains to be seen if the route will be swapped to an Airbus A321neo once its first one arrives in April 2019.
When you book, be sure to use a credit card that earns maximum rewards for airfare purchases such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve and American Express® Gold Card.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.