This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we’ve seen with United’s new year-round service between San Francisco (SFO) and Tahiti (PPT), there’s a surefire way to make an entrance into a market: low prices. Even if you’ve never heard of La Compagnie, the business class-only airline that so far only shuttles passengers between New York/Newark (EWR) and Paris (ORY), you may be interested in cozying up.
La Compagnie has just announced nonstop, seasonal service between New York/Newark (EWR) and Nice (NCE) beginning May 5, 2019. If you’re quick enough to be one of the first 1,000 passengers to book, you’ll be treated to a “discovery rate” of $1,200 round-trip — a screaming deal for a transatlantic flight in business class, even if La Compagnie isn’t part of an reward-earning airline alliance.
The new route will operate five times weekly, Wednesday through Sunday, between the months of May and October. Flights out of Newark International Airport (EWR) will depart at 11:30pm, arriving to Nice Côte d’Azur International Airport (NCE) at 1:50pm the following afternoon. Flights departing Nice will be offered at 6:15pm with a same-day arrival in New York at 10:00pm. La Compagnie passengers can also enjoy service to Nice on Monday or Tuesday with connections from Paris Orly Airport (ORY) operated through a special partnership with EasyJet.
As with all La Compagnie flights, passengers will be welcomed with “lounge and priority access for a painless and exclusive pre-flight experience. Onboard the Boeing 757, guests will enjoy reclining lie flat beds, refreshing amenity kits with Caudalie skincare products, personal iPads, a seasonally-curated menu by Michelin-starred chef Christophe Langrée, a selective list of French wines and Champagne and artisanal croissants by famous French bakery, Maison Kayser.”
It remains to be seen if the route will be swapped to an Airbus A321neo once its first one arrives in April 2019.
When you book, be sure to use a credit card that earns maximum rewards for airfare purchases such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve and American Express® Gold Card.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees