This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we’ve seen with United’s new year-round service between San Francisco (SFO) and Tahiti (PPT), there’s a surefire way to make an entrance into a market: low prices. Even if you’ve never heard of La Compagnie, the business class-only airline that so far only shuttles passengers between New York/Newark (EWR) and Paris (ORY), you may be interested in cozying up.
La Compagnie has just announced nonstop, seasonal service between New York/Newark (EWR) and Nice (NCE) beginning May 5, 2019. If you’re quick enough to be one of the first 1,000 passengers to book, you’ll be treated to a “discovery rate” of $1,200 round-trip — a screaming deal for a transatlantic flight in business class, even if La Compagnie isn’t part of an reward-earning airline alliance.
The new route will operate five times weekly, Wednesday through Sunday, between the months of May and October. Flights out of Newark International Airport (EWR) will depart at 11:30pm, arriving to Nice Côte d’Azur International Airport (NCE) at 1:50pm the following afternoon. Flights departing Nice will be offered at 6:15pm with a same-day arrival in New York at 10:00pm. La Compagnie passengers can also enjoy service to Nice on Monday or Tuesday with connections from Paris Orly Airport (ORY) operated through a special partnership with EasyJet.
As with all La Compagnie flights, passengers will be welcomed with “lounge and priority access for a painless and exclusive pre-flight experience. Onboard the Boeing 757, guests will enjoy reclining lie flat beds, refreshing amenity kits with Caudalie skincare products, personal iPads, a seasonally-curated menu by Michelin-starred chef Christophe Langrée, a selective list of French wines and Champagne and artisanal croissants by famous French bakery, Maison Kayser.”
It remains to be seen if the route will be swapped to an Airbus A321neo once its first one arrives in April 2019.
When you book, be sure to use a credit card that earns maximum rewards for airfare purchases such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve and American Express® Gold Card.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*