This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines executive has confirmed that the carrier will offer lie-flat seats with its 757s on some transcontinental routes.
American’s Vice President of Planning Vasu Raja told employees on Thursday that the future of the airline’s 757s with lie-flat seats is on domestic routes. “What we would like to do with the 757 is increasingly it is a much less competitive international product. But it is a great domestic product especially flying on the transcon where business travelers can get a full flat bed on it,” Raja said, according to View from the Wing.
TPG‘s Katie Genter reviewed AA’s lie-flat 757 service from Philadelphia (PHL) to Amsterdam (AMS) earlier in March. The business-class cabin is equipped with 16 B/E Aerospace Diamond lie-flat seats laid out in four rows of 2-2 seating. She found the 2-2 arrangement made the cabin tight, and the seats weren’t the most spacious at 21 inches of width and 58 inches of pitch.
TPG reached out to American, and the carrier says there are no details yet on what exact domestic routes will get the lie-flat 757s and no timeframe on when this will go into effect.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards