Leading Hotels of the World expands with 13 new properties opening this year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Could the next 12 months usher in a renaissance in the hotel industry?
It just might, as more brands and portfolios announce new property openings. The Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) collection announced on Tuesday eight new members and 13 new hotel openings throughout 2021.
LHW is a small but compelling portfolio of 400 luxury hotels and resorts in more than 80 countries. While each property is unique and offers a different set of experiences, each one was selected because it meets extremely high standards in terms of its hard product and service.
The organization says its “independent hotels [are] united not by what makes them the same, but the remarkable details that make them different.”
Let’s look more closely at the new properties joining The Leading Hotels of the World.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
New LHW member hotels
Called its “Spring Collection,” these are the newest properties to join The Leading Hotels of the World:
- Cap Vemell Grand Hotel in Mallorca, Spain
- Sensira Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico
- The Newbury Boston in Massachusetts
- Kozmo Hotel Budapest in Hungary
- Borgo Santo Pietro in Chiusdino, Italy
- Theresia Resort Sea and Spa in Lipari Italy
- The Legian Sire, Lombok in Indonesia
- Fauchon L’Hôtel Kyoto in Japan
LHW hotels debuting in 2021
In addition to the new properties that just joined The Leading Hotels of the World, these 13 special places have recently opened or will open this year.
- Botanic Sanctuary Antwerp in Belgium opens September 2021
- Fauchon L’Hôtel Kyoto in Japan opens March 2021
- Hotel Montevideo in Uruguay opens October 2021
- J Hotel Shanghai Tower in China opens mid-2021
- King’s Mansion in Goa, India opens mid-2021
- Kozmo Hotel Budapest in Hungary opens mid-2021
- Le K2 Chogori in Val D’Isere, France opens late 2021
- Sensira Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico opened in January
- The Fifth Avenue Hotel in New York, New York opens in late 2021
- The Legian Sire, Lombok in Indonesia opens mid-2021
- The Newbury Boston in Massachusetts opens April 2021
- The Place Firenze in Florence, Italy opens April 2021
- Villa Nai 3.3 in Zman, Croatia opens May 2021
Should you join the Leaders Club loyalty program?
If you plan to visit several LHW hotels in one year, it could make sense to join the Leaders Club loyalty program. It costs $175 per year and includes perks such as one prearrival, one-category upgrade annually; continental breakfast for two daily; free in-room Wi-Fi; points-earning opportunities (1 point per dollar spent); access to special rates and experiences; and other benefits during each stay.
Leaders Club members can also access a special “first look” package at the eight properties that are part of the “Spring Collection.” The package includes round-trip airport or train station transfers, a guaranteed upgrade at check-in and flexible check-in and checkout policies.
Featured image of Therasia Resort Sea and Spa (Lipari, Italy) courtesy of Leading Hotels of the World
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.