This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
Here are 2019’s airports to applaud and those that we encourage to try harder next year: America’s best and worst airports.
In general, it’s still safe to travel through the area and demonstrations shouldn’t cause issues aside from increased transit times.
In this policy statement, the DOT is explicitly explaining what types of policies it will and won’t allow.
The Cobalt Program is an unpublished level of elite status that is only available through invitation from Marriott International’s president and CEO. Entry isn’t clearly defined and Marriott isn’t exactly rushing to share the details.
When it comes to earning rewards toward your next vacation, the Apple Card won’t be one of the best options on the market, but the company’s first credit card is finally expected to launch at the end of this month.
American Airlines will begin its first-ever route to Africa and return to Tel Aviv, among five new trans-Atlantic routes planned for 2020.
During the company’s investor call, it was announced that attendance at the US Disney theme parks has indeed been down, at least from April 1 — June 30.
TPG UK got to fly on the new Airbus for the first time during its inaugural flight from London Heathrow to Madrid.
Canadian low-cost carrier Swoop has delayed its new San Diego flights until 2020, citing the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX — an aircraft it doesn’t fly.
On Tuesday, August 20, we’re inviting you to come chat, wine and dine with us at the Delta Flight Museum in Atlanta!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Photo by Boris Roessler/picture alliance via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees