Earn more Marriott Bonvoy points with 3 limited-time Eat Around Town promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
If you’re going to dine out or order food online, you might as well earn lots of points and miles. Using one of the best credit cards for dining is a good start, along with joining restaurant loyalty programs.
You can earn even more points by signing up for a dining rewards program like Marriott’s Eat Around Town. This program allows you to earn Marriott Bonvoy points when you dine at select restaurants, clubs and bars.
Best of all, Marriott’s Eat Around Town program is currently offering several stackable promotions that can sweeten the deal. In particular, new members can earn up to 6,000 bonus points in their first 60 days. Plus, all Marriott Bonvoy members enrolled in Eat Around Town can earn up to 1,200 bonus points after three dines this June and 1,000 additional points after every 10 dines through the end of 2022.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
How to join Marriott’s Eat Around Town dining rewards program
Marriott’s Eat Around Town dining rewards program is free to join. Go to Marriott’s Eat Around Town website and click “Join Now.” You’ll need to sign in to your Marriott Bonvoy account to proceed. Once you sign in, Marriott will prefill your email address and ZIP code into a form. You need to check the terms and conditions box and click “Join Eat Around Town” to move to the next step.
Finally, you must link at least one credit or debit card to your account. Ideally, it should be a card that earns bonus points on dining. Then use this card when dining with participating restaurants, bars and clubs to earn extra Marriott Bonvoy points. If you use a debit card, you’ll need to request that it be processed as credit to earn points through the program.
How to earn points with Marriott’s Eat Around Town dining rewards program
You’ll earn points with Marriott’s Eat Around Town dining rewards program when you use an enrolled card at eligible restaurants, bars and clubs. Simply use the Marriot Eat Around Town website to search for eligible locations.
How many points you earn through Eat Around Town varies based on whether you have elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- 4 points per dollar spent for nonelite Marriott Bonvoy members.
- 6 points per dollar spent for Marriott Bonvoy elite members.
However, Marriott frequently offers promotions that may allow you to earn more points when you dine. Specifically, here are the current limited-time promotions:
- Frequent dinner bonus: Earn an extra 1,000 bonus points every time you complete 10 qualifying dines of $30 or more between Feb. 22, 2021, and Dec. 31, 2022.
- New member bonus: Earn up to 6,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after three qualifying dines of $30 during your first 60 days with Eat Around Town by Marriott Bonvoy when you join and link a card by Dec. 31, 2022. You must complete an online review within 30 days of each restaurant visit to earn the new member bonus points.
- Limited time offer: Earn up to 1,200 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after three qualifying dines of $30 or more in June 2022.
Note, you may need to remain opted in to Eat Around Town emails to earn bonus points through some promotions. And most promotions only allow you one bonus-qualifying visit per restaurant per day.
You should allow one to two weeks after dining for points to appear in your Marriott Bonvoy account. So while this is an easy way to earn Marriott points without thinking about it, it isn’t a quick way to top off your Marriott Bonvoy account for an upcoming redemption.
Finally, your Eat Around Town account will expire if you don’t earn rewards for 36 consecutive months.
Which cards to use with Marriott Eat Around Town
You can enroll almost any credit or debit card in Marriott’s Eat Around Town program. However, you’ll want to enroll one or more of your best credit cards for dining to maximize your earnings. Here are some cards to consider:
- American Express® Gold Card: 4 Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar spent at restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 3 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent on dining.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent on dining.
- American Express® Green Card: 3 Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar spent at restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Earn even more Marriott Bonvoy points
If you’re looking to earn lots of Marriott Bonvoy points, you may want to enroll a Marriott Bonvoy credit card. You’ll earn Marriott Bonvoy points from your credit card and the Eat Around Town program if you do so.
Specifically, you may want to consider the following Marriott cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: 4 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: 3 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: 3 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations and dining.
Of course, the rates listed above are what you’d earn just from spending on your credit card. You’d also earn an additional 4 or 6 points per dollar spent from the Eat Around Town program.
Is Marriott’s Eat Around Town dining rewards program worth it?
Even if you live in an area with few participating restaurants, it’s usually worth enrolling in a dining rewards program. After all, it doesn’t take long to register and you may periodically pick up some bonus points.
Remember that you can only enroll each card in one Rewards Network-operated dining rewards program. So, the more critical question is whether Marriott’s Eat Around Town dining rewards program is the best program for you.
After all, many other loyalty programs have dining rewards programs. For example, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, American Airlines AAdvantage, Southwest Rapid Rewards, United MileagePlus and JetBlue TrueBlue have dining rewards programs. Some of these programs may provide you with a more significant return on your spending.
However, Marriott’s Eat Around Town program differs from most other dining rewards programs in one crucial way. Specifically, most programs base your earning rate on how often you dine with the program and whether you’ve opted in to receive emails.
Marriott’s Eat Around Town bases your earning rate on your elite status level with Marriott Bonvoy. So, if you have elite status with Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott’s Eat Around Town program may be the best option for you.
Since you can only enroll each card in one Rewards Network dining rewards program, it’s essential to determine which dining rewards program is best for you. Marriott’s Eat Around Town program is particularly appealing to Marriott elites and members who don’t eat at participating restaurants frequently — especially if you can utilize one or more of the current limited-time promotions.
Featured photo by Klaus Vedfelt/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees