Hot wheels: Where to book luxury car rentals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to hit the road in style with sports cars and luxury vehicles, the major car rental companies have your ride. They also have a variety of rewards programs to turn your head.
Here’s an inventory of the types of cars you can rent from popular rental companies and the bonuses each rental company offers you for your business.
Hertz’s Dream, Adrenaline, or Prestige Collections offer high-performance, head-turning cars. Want 750 horsepower of revving thrills? You can reserve the limited-edition 2020 Camaro ZL1, customized by Hendrick Motorsports exclusively for Hertz, at six airports: Charlotte, North Carolina; Fort Myers, Florida; Las Vegas; Miami; Orlando and Phoenix.
Read more: The complete guide to Hertz Gold Rewards
In Hertz’s stable, you’ll also find sporty cars like the Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang, Porsche Boxster, Porsche 911, Porsche Cayman, and Porsche Panamera. Keep things interesting and hop into a Nissan GT-R, BMW M4, Mercedes- Benz SLC or Tesla Model S.
With Hertz, you can use rewards for daily, weekly, or one-way rentals. Earn points for every dollar spent, but your earning rate changes in .25 point increments between status levels: gold, five-star, and president’s circle. With every level, you can pick your car from the fleet, skip the counter, e-return and exit the gate in 30 seconds or less.
How do you level up from gold to five-star or president’s circle? With 12 rentals or $2,400, you gain five-star access to a wider selection of vehicles. You get president’s circle status for a day after 20 rentals or $4,000 in spend. President’s circle gets you a dedicated Hertz rewards line, the widest car selection, and exclusive benefits and rewards. You can also transfer points to airline and hotel partners.
Some like it fast and over at Team Budget you could drive a Dodge Charger R/T, Dodge Challenger R/T, Infiniti Q60, Nissan 370Z Coupe NISMO, Nissan 370Z, Ford Mustang or GT with a convertible option available, or Chevrolet Camaro or SS, also with a convertible option.
The Budget Business program gives you up to 30% off base rates, while earning you a $3 reward credit for every qualifying rental day. Not only do members get a complimentary Fastbreak membership to skip the counter at pick up, but they also get a dedicated support team and access to a members-only website. There isn’t a tiered structure for membership, but you get reward certificates mailed to you quarterly in $15 denominations. You can stack up to seven certificates ($105) toward a rental.
As an Alamo Insider, you’ll have access to the Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang Convertible, Ford Mustang GT, Porsche 911, Porsche Cayman, Chevrolet Corvette, Infiniti Q60, Maserati Ghibli, and the Aston Martin Vantage.
Read more: How to never pay full price for a rental car
The Avis car selection is limited, but the options will start your engine: Chevrolet Corvette Coupe, Chevrolet Camaro Convertible or SS, Ford Mustang or GT Convertible.
The Avis Preferred program allows members to skip the lines and use the Avis Preferred Select & Go app. The points program is similar to Hertz for rentals — you earn points for every dollar spent and .25 point increments for each status level up. Preferred Plus members receive this status after 12 rentals or $5,000 spent. The top level, Preferred Plus, is achieved after 25 rentals or $7,000 spent (this must be done in a calendar year to upgrade your status).
Featured photo by Luke Sharrett/Bloomberg/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.