TPG Readers Share Their Favorite Brands of Hotel Toiletries
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a rule, the nicer the hotel, the less likely it is that you’ll want to pack your own toiletries. (Former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt allegedly loves the Asprey brand lotion at the Ritz-Carlton so much, he sent his staff out to buy more when his stash ran low.)
If your travels don’t take you to Music City, U.S.A., don’t fret. Both Lotte Hotels and the Marriott-owned Le Méridien hotel chain stock Malin+Goetz products. Or you too can order the products online.
Westin White Tea Aloe
Westin’s signature White Tea Aloe collection features a light, clean fragrance that TPG reader Denise D. describes as “phenomenal.” A number of our readers told TPG that they always save some goodies to take home: Vignesh K.’s wife loves them so much, she always asks him to bring back his hotel amenities after a work trip. Ed M. believes that Westin resorts have the best products, saying, “We always came home with a suitcase full.”
If you don’t have a Westin stay planned any time soon, the hotel brand carries its products online, in both travel- and full-size versions.
Le Labo is an exclusive perfumery, yet many travelers may only know the brand for its line of hotel amenities. You can find Le Labo products at a number of luxurious hotels around the world, including many properties under the EDITION, Fairmont and Park Hyatt brands. TPG reader Klyf K. gushes, “I [use] Le Labo at home and it smells wonderful.” Le Labo is the darling of, well, everyone. Some hotel chains even opt to develop their own signature scents.
Want your Le Labo fix now without dipping into your vacation time? Nordstrom has you covered.
This premium brand was popular with a number of TPG readers, who have found its products at the Belmond Hotel Cipriani in Venice, the Wynn Las Vegas, the Four Seasons in New York City, the Las Ventanas al Paraíso in Los Cabos, Mexico, and of course, the Bvlgari Hotels and Resorts themselves. (You can also find exclusive Bvlgari products in the first- and business-class amenity kits aboard Emirates flights.)
You can also buy the travel products yourself: Bvlgari lists a five-item toiletry set on Amazon for $60.
These beauty products from the South of France are quite popular with a number of hotel chains, offering several different lines to choose from. You can find various collections of L’Occitane amenities at Shangri-La hotels, some Sofitels, TRS hotels in the Caribbean and Mexico and certain Four Seasons hotels.
The W Hotels and Aloft brands stock Bliss products in their rooms, spas and gyms. Whether you’re pumping Bliss from a wall-mounted dispenser or squeezing it out of tiny individual-use bottles, the signature lemon and sage will jump-start your morning with a cheery blast of citrus.
You’ll find the Eau d’Orange Verte collection from this French high fashion luxury brand in some Sofitel suites, according to Hannah G.
If you’re looking for an unforgettable destination in which to experience Hermès amenities for the first time, you can’t get more memorable than “the world’s most luxurious hotel”: The iconic, sail-shaped Burj al Arab, located on an artificial island on Jumeirah Beach in Dubai.
There are dozens of other brand names to explore on hotel stays. You’ll find Aesop brand products at the Park Hyatt; Aveda at Renaissance Hotels; Fresh at Meritage Hotels; Paul Mitchell at certain Courtyard by Marriott properties; C.O. Bigelow at Ascend Collection properties under Choice Hotels; Salvatore Ferragamo at the Waldorf Astoria; Oscar de la Renta at the Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong; Laboratoire Remède at the St. Regis Rome; Diptyque at some Mandarin Oriental hotels; Thann at certain Marriott hotels, and Australian brand Appelles at some Sydney-based Marriotts.
Can’t decide what you want to try? Stay at a Conrad Hotel, where you can choose your own amenities from three different brands: Shanghai Tang, Temple Spa or The Refinery.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees