This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We all know that the holidays are centered around loved ones: your pets, of course. At home, they are boss, taking the prime spot on the bed and getting all the attention. When you’re traveling, they are in tow, exploring the world and taking photos right beside you. This holiday season give gifts that make traveling easier and more fun for both you and them. Here are 10 gift ideas any pet lover should get their paws on.
1. Gadget: Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker
Just like humans, pets can be adventurous in new places, eager to take off and wander around new surroundings. No matter where in the world you are, never lose your pet with this GPS device. Buy: Amazon.com, $60
2. Cosmetic: Fresh Scent Pet Candle
When traveling, both you and your pet can get a little smelly. And when sharing small hotel rooms, that can be a problem. Take along these scented soy wax candles to let off aromas you and your pet will both love. Buy: uncommongoods.com, $28
3. Travel Bag: Outward Hound Dog Backpack
If your dog is going to be traveling with you, he or she needs a backpack too! This one is easy to strap on, comfortable and can carry everything from treats to water bottles. Buy: Amazon.com, $14
4. Book: National Geographic’s The Dog Lovers Guide to Travel
This book tells you everything you need to know about traveling with your pet from where to sleep, eat and even drink with your furry friend. Get the collectible version so you can enjoy stunning photos and dream about adventures to come. Buy: Amazon.com, $10
5. Accessory: Wollgord Pet Umbrella
Don’t let a rainy day hamper your day of fun. This leash has an umbrella at the end of it, so it keeps your pet dry (and moving) no matter what the weather is. Buy: Amazon.com, $16
6. Comfort: KritterWorld Snuggle Blanket
Sometimes traveling can be scary, forcing you and your pet to push boundaries. Bring along this safety blanket to make them feel snuggly and safe even in the most exotic locations. Buy: Amazon.com, $18
7. Subscription: BarkBox
Every month, no matter if you are home or abroad, this subscription service sends your pet treats, toys and accessories. And they are themed (think Chewrassic or Throwbark Thursday) so you never know what will come next. Buy: BarkBox.com, $21/month
8. Gift Card: ED Ellen DeGeneres at PetSmart
Ellen DeGeneres has created an entire line of pet accessories for PetSmart; there are toys, scratchers, even houses for your pet. Any pet lover will have a blast using a gift card on these adorable products. Buy: PetSmart.com, toys start at $3
9. Random: Pet Pass
It’s not just humans who like to show off which stamps they’ve amassed on their travels; pets need their own collection. The Pet Pass is a passport for pets, so the whole family can keep track of where you’ve been. Buy: Etsy.com, $10
10. Charity: Puppies Behind Bars
Want to support pets doing good in the world? Puppies Behind Bars is a New York City-based nonprofit that helps prison inmates train service dogs that get paired up with wounded war veterans. Everyone wins. Buy: Puppy Behind Bars, $10+
Featured image by PeopleImages / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards